Home Loans and Support

How Do I Submit My Website to the Search Engines for Free?

Discussion in 'Make Money Online' started by Moe, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

You do not need to obtain the services of a professional, such as an SEO company, to submit your website to Google and the other search engines. In fact, you can do this yourself for free because the search engines do no require you to pay anything.

Actually, the best way to get your site noticed by the search engines is to get their spiders to find their way to your website via a link that is found in another site that has already been indexed by the search engines. This is usually a directory or a blog that already has a high ranking in the results pages.

You will also need to optimize your content and meta tags so that the spiders of the search engines will index your site using your targeted keywords and phrases. And you can also submit articles containing links to your site to the different article directories.

However, you can also directly submit your website's URL to the search engines where you want your site to be listed, free of charge. All you need to do is go to the search engines' sites, locate their links that are designed to let you submit your site and then follow their instructions.

[YOUTUBE]-ZEw7Ks7MUg[/YOUTUBE]

Here are the major engine's submission pages and the DMOZ:
    1. Add your URL to Google
    2. https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/submit
    3. Bing URL Submission
    4. Submitting a Site to The Open Directory Project
    Remember that you do not have to submit the URLs of every page on your website. All you need to submit is the URL for your index or home page. This will cause the spiders of the search engines to find your website and then follow the links to the various pages of your site.

* Note that the placement of the links to the various pages is vital. If there is a page that cannot be reached from any of the other pages of your site, the search engine spiders will not find it.