Home Loans and Support

Help, please. Have you done Form 710? (Uniform Borrower Assistance Form)

Discussion in 'Wells Fargo Home Mortgage' started by CharlotteV, Dec 30, 2011.

1. CharlotteV

CharlotteV LoanSafe Member

Despite submitting my tax returns, bank statements and everything Wells asked for multiple times, they dropped me yesterday from the Loss Mitigation program. Reason? "No borrower response."

I called today, frantic, and the agent said I could try to resubmit everything along with a Form 710. (Fannie Mae Uniform Borrower Assistance Form.)

Has anyone done this? Successfully? Did it help you get assistance, modification or refinance?

From my reading of the Fannie Mae info, submitting the 710 just helps Wells accelerate pushing me toward short sale or DIL... :-(

Really flying blind here, thanks for any info you all can share.
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

The form 710 just seems to be a basic submission form provided by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to apply for a modification under their programs.. It looks to me like you were denied for a mistake on their behalf. No borrower response means they have sent you something and you have not responded, or you have not followed up for updates on your account (which even then you should not be denied).

Try calling the Wells Fargo executive team to find out what really happened with your account.

Wells Fargo Executive Team
    1-800-853-8516

This is from Fannie Mae:

A servicer uses this form to obtain financial information from a delinquent borrower, or a borrower in imminent default, in conjunction with the foreclosure prevention solicitation letter. Fannie Mae requires borrowers to submit the hardship documentation set forth in the Uniform Borrower Assistance Form (Form 710) to demonstrate a valid long-term or permanent hardship for all modifications, including HAMP modifications. This form replaces the Home Affordable Request for Modification and Affidavit and the Fannie Mae Form 1020 (Borrower's Financial Form).

The foreclosure prevention solicitation letter, along with the Uniform Borrower Assistance Form, Form 710A (if applicable) and IRS Form 4506-T, constitute the Borrower Solicitation Package. The completed Uniform Borrower Assistance Form, income documentation as outlined in the Uniform Borrower Assistance Form, hardship documentation as outlined in the Uniform Borrower Assistance Form, and an IRS Form 4506-T signed by the borrower(s), constitute a complete Borrower Response Package.