Home Loans and Support

Help in Florida

Discussion in 'Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure - Do You Need Help to ' started by gentlewolf1, Mar 16, 2009.

1. gentlewolf1

gentlewolf1 LoanSafe Member

I am in the Pensacola, Fl area, bought a house in May, 2006 at 202,000. Have made all my payments until a couple of months ago when found out we are relocating with a new job. We still owe 197,000 and the house is maybe worth 130 - 140,000 if lucky.
    We listed the house on the market because citi told us we had to do that to get a short sell, but not even 1 nibble on the house and my realtor has dropped the price to 120k, also Citi told us until we get an offer we won't know if we can do a short sell.
    I will be out of the house within a month, already have gotten the threatening letter that they are going to have someone driving by and if it looks like we have left house vacant then locks will be changed and we go into foreclosure, so I called and asked them about a deed in lieu and was told that when i left the house vacant then I could file for that.
    Where do I go from here? Do I need to send them a certified letter stating my intentions? We cannot afford a foreclosure do to my husbands security clearance, and a short sell or a deed in lieu seemed the answer to that, but if place will go into foreclosure before I can get Citi to stop giving me the runaround, it would really help.
    Thanks for reading, hope my frustrations did not make this impossible to understand
  2. gentlewolf1

gentlewolf1 LoanSafe Member

well an update of sorts,
    I talked to Sergio and resubmitted a hardship app by fax to him this afternoon asking for a DiL. Also found out Citi is only the account servicer, someone or something named gina mae is the account holder, and according to Sergio they have not been able to get a DiL done yet thru them.