Home Loans and Support

Help! Green Tree New Service Lender

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by kanthony, Sep 6, 2011.

1. kanthony

kanthony LoanSafe Member

Hi all - first post to this forum. I received a letter stating that Green Tree is servicing our mortgage through BOA. We are two payments behind in our mortgage (Aug/Sept) and have heard awful things about this company. We want to keep our home. We were behind on property taxes and BOA paid them and set up an escrow account (no problem for us), BUT they also tacked on the back taxes they paid to our monthly mortgage payment for the next 12 months (about a $1,000 monthly increase). What are we in store for here? I am afraid we will lose our home! Any help or insite is greatly appreciated.
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Hi kanthony,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining...........

What you may want to do is ask Green Tree if they can spread the escrow shortage out over a longer period of time, the normal maximum being 60 months, which may offer some immediate relief there. Try using the contact number on the servicing transfer letter.
  3. llbreaze1

llbreaze1 LoanSafe Member

Kanthony - Welcome to loansafe.
    I'm in the same boat as you. Stopped making payments with BofA June '11 - they also stepped in and paid my property taxes. Just received a letter from Green Tree today that I owe them the full amount of my mortgage $435,000 (home is worth $350K) and that they are attempting to collect a debt. I'm going to be sending them a debt verification letter within 30 days.
    Freedomwon has some great posts on this site along with a sample of the letter here:

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/bank-america-home-loans/41283-my-recent-letter-bofa-part-2-a-4.html

Wondering what State you're located in?
  4. OverandDone

OverandDone LoanSafe Member

If you receive a letter such as llbreaze1 did above saying you owe the full amount of the mortgage and that they are attempting to collect a debt, and you do NOT want to keep the home do you need to send the debt validation letter? Or just ignore it all?