Home Loans and Support

He Wants to Stay, She is Ready To Go

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by Sky1968, Oct 27, 2008.

1. Sky1968

Sky1968 LoanSafe Member

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone else was going through this too. My husband bought our house right before we were married (we are both on our second marriage). After we were together for 3 years we decided to consolidate some bills and refinanced our home with Beneficial in August 2006. I have since learned that we were lied to, our interest rate is much higher than we were told (almost 12%!), they had my husband's income listed as twice what it should have been even though we turned in 2 years of tax returns and our last 3 paycheck stubs. We are pretty sure they lied about the appraisal as well. I have sent several letters, made upteen phone calls, filled out every form they have a dozen times, we finally got a 6 months loan mod recently but that doesn't address any of the major issues I have with them and we are still struggling to make the payment. I am so ready to walk away but my husband insists that he wants to keep his house and 3 acres of land. No matter what! I have tried everything to convince him but he just will not budge. I even added up the 30 years of payments to show him that by the time we are through, we will have paid a half a million dollars for a piece of property that is only worth $92,500. I love my husband and this is the only thing we disagree on. Anyone else going through this with their spouse have any advice for me?

Thank you so much!