Home Loans and Support

HARP Refinance with HSBC

Discussion in 'HARP Mortgage Loan Program' started by helpfixmyloan, Mar 26, 2011.

1. helpfixmyloan

helpfixmyloan LoanSafe Member

Has anyone been successful doing a HARP Refinance with HSBC?

I know in the past that they didn't have any of the Obama Refinance programs in place... but just checking if things have changed.
  2. Eagle777

Eagle777 LoanSafe Member

Nope, things haven't changed I'm trying right now but they are giving me very hard time. I am hoping to be one of the lucky ones soon.

Good Luck!
  3. helpfixmyloan

helpfixmyloan LoanSafe Member

Are you filling out all the hardship papers? It sounds like citi and chase make it much easier..
  4. futurehope

futurehope LoanSafe Member

I received the loan terms for a HARP loan mod today through HSBC, after making my 3 trial payments. The terms are not as good I was hoping. They have offered me a 40 year fixed loan at 5%. I currently have a 30 year adjustable and pay 5.125% I am wondering if I should take this or try to negotiate with them first. Any advice?
  5. Eagle777

Eagle777 LoanSafe Member

Futurehope. How long did it take for them to offer a loan mod? I have tried twice but they keep denying us. Are they offering you a loan mod or refi?
  6. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

HARP would be the refi, HAMP would be the loan mod. With trial payments, that is most definitely a loan mod not a refi.