Home Loans and Support

HARASSED by my Mortgage Company

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by Amy3265, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Amy3265

Amy3265 LoanSafe Member

We first applied for help in Feb of 2008. We have been sending docs every 3 months sice. We finally got approved for the trial period for the HAMP program. Our trial payments are Sept/Oct/Nov, 2009. We only missed July's payment. We were told by Sterling Home Retention (who our mtg co. farmed our mod out to) that we did not have to pay August..since we had been approved for the trial period late in July.
    Saturday we received a certified letter from Flagstar that we owe over $5,000 in late payments and fees (including August's payment that we were told we did NOT have to pay).
    Every month someone comes and takes pictures of our house.
    Here is an interesting letter (SCARRY) from the SUPERVISOR of the home retention place we are dealing with (this is after I told her to check out loansafe.org):

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I started looking into that website and ended up getting frustrated.
    The truth is, we are frustrated probably more than all of the homeowners.
    Back in March, our new president announces this new program, tells everyone to call the mortgage company, and while he is doing this, we (mortgage companies) are all sitting there learning about this program for the first time with every other citizen in the US. Since that time, we have been scrambling to work together to find a way to make it happen. The government put this idea out there, but gave no instructions on how to make it happen. It may seem simple, 31 % of income right? But it’s much more detailed than that. There are databases, system requirements, training, processes….all these things have to be done. Everything we have known, we have had to re-write to make it fit this program. It’s trying to put a square peg in a round hole. Now, we have finally figured it out. Keep in mind, the path to get here was not 10 people sitting around a table…this was hundreds, thousands of people around the US, that have worked in this business trying to make this work together. People may think we are trying to push them back for whatever reason, but that is not at all the case. We work long hours, weekends, we do everything we can, but when the President said “call your lendersâ€, they all listened, and every lender in America is trying to stay afloat, and those of us on the front lines (negotiators) are getting hammered by borrowers saying, “what’s taking so long?†and everyday this program changes, and we are feed new procedures.
    What I am getting at, is this is brand new. To be honest, we haven’t even had one that has been long enough to make all the trial payments so we can see if it qualifies. As long as you make your payments and your situation doesn’t change, it shouldn’t be a problem. I really want you to understand I will do all I can to help you and make sure it passes. This is why I got all of those documents from you up front, because I wanted to make sure we had everything verified, not just stated. That way there is little chance anything will change when we go to modify. Please hang on, I don’t see any reason you would not qualify.

And I want you to know, the lenders are not trying to do anything “funny†to hold people back. We are just trying to put that square peg in the round hole.

I am going to see a lawyer in October. I feel harassed. I was VERBALLY told that if I made all of my trial payments on time that we would be approved for a permanent mod. After looking at this site I don't hold out much hope for this. I feel harassed. My mortgage company still sends me threatening letters even though I am complying with all the rules set forth. I don't sleep. My nerves are shot.

I am thinking about a class action?????
  2. kbspots

kbspots LoanSafe Member

since it is obvious that the mortgage companies (sounds like all of them) do not know what they are doing, why don't they put a moratorium on foreclosures until the messes are straightened out in their banks. It is a waste of everybody's time and money including the banks time and money to pursue foreclosures, but of course they do not really care, they are just after the bottom line-profits.
  3. Amy3265

Amy3265 LoanSafe Member

I agree! I just wish we'd never started the process. We would have been better off..now we have late fees and ruined credit scores (even though we are paying the trial period payments on time)..I think it was a joke all along..and we were the fools that took the bait.
  4. SillyWorld

SillyWorld LoanSafe Member

BUT... You also have to remember the Bankateers have no guidelines mandated to follow, and they do not have to participate if there is not more profit in it for them than a foreclosure, and you can get the Best Lawyer in the Country, which any or all of us here at loansafe will back you up. Buty all you get out of Lawyers at the end is the banks set and make there own rules so whatever they tell you is the Game:eek: Sucks we all know, that is why MOE here at loansafe and most of us members are attacking 1 Bankateer a week, to show them it is not right nor fair to treat people like they live in a cave just to boot us out and move another in:rolleyes: I myself have beren emailing media oin many stories in here, posting links, but yet have to hear a word on the media about homeowners at aBULK getting the help the PRES. offered on this program...

Now there was a few whom did get help but far less than should have, and many in this forum have lost there home which if they did not start the bankers MOD they would still be paying and struggling:rolleyes: UNITE with us starting Monday we are to attack CW last week we hit up BOA:cool: Starting Worst to badest
  5. Amy3265

Amy3265 LoanSafe Member

Our mortgage company is Flagstar...have you heard anything about them? Wondering if we have a chance since they are a slightly smaller company???
    Please cross your fingers/say a prayer for us...we have 4 kids and this is our dream home...we will charge all late fees if needed..I am so lost right now.
  6. SillyWorld

SillyWorld LoanSafe Member

Yes I have heard some of the small bankers have a better output on the President plan than the big boys that got the bail outs...

Good Luck
  7. B Stevens

B Stevens LoanSafe Member

I do not think you have a harassment case. It sounds like what so many of us here have gone through. One hand of the bank isn't talking to the other. Messages are getting mixed and lost. People at the banks are not keeping notes in a place that can be accessed by other bank employees.

I am not sticking up for them in ANY way. I think they are all crooks.
    Here is a good article. Look at your deed/trust and see if MERS is the trustee. Has A Court Ruling Effectively Killed Half Of All Housing Foreclosures? Dvorak Uncensored: General interest observations and true web-log.