Home Loans and Support

HAMP denial - NO notification - Need info

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by leeandsarah, Jul 27, 2010.

1. leeandsarah

leeandsarah LoanSafe Member

I am 15 months into the modification process and still awaiting a determination of ELIGIBILITY. I just got off the phone will our Executive Office representative (hasn't returned phone calls for three weeks) who informed me that we were determined not eligible for HAMP on June 29. I said this was news to me and that I believed Chase was required to send us notification and a reason for denial. He said such would be forthcoming after all options were considered. Meaning, we will be notified after our case is reviewed for an in-house modification (another 30-60 days).

Can I call BS on this? I'm not overly familiar with HAMP guidelines but the lack of notification doesn't seem right. I'm just looking to have another piece of information in my arsenal.
  2. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

I was denied in Dec 09, was not told until late feb, requested letter, stil haven't gotten anything but a letter thanking me for being patient and telling me to be patient some more.