Home Loans and Support

Gary at Citi Mortgage??

Discussion in 'CitiMortgage' started by TRACYV, Nov 4, 2009.

1. TRACYV

TRACYV LoanSafe Member

Has this happened to anyone else? Got a message on answ machine today. Said he was "Gary from Citi Mortgage" left phone #480-753-2968. Tried to call and it said "please check your number". Looked on caller I.D. and it said "ASC Hm Equity at 480-753-2600. When I called that number, a recorded message came on and it said "Citi Mortgage". I already got a call 10/13 on both home and cell from Mr. Johnson in Loss Mit. I called him and he told me I was eligible to pay at 2%. He told me the amount to pay and said to pay it by 11/15 and I could call the payment into him. I mentioned the fact the I have been dealing with Citi since Oct 08 and didn't know what/who to believe and he said not to worry he was at the "top of the food chain". I have never received any paperwork and have received 3 e-mails since from Citi telling me to call them about my account! I plan on making payment by 11/15 (it is almost half my original payment) but don't know if I should call Gary. I don't want to explain for the 100th time my situation or get in an argument with him about what I was already told to do. Any suggestions?:confused:
  2. SillyWorld

SillyWorld LoanSafe Member

You can take a chance if your update on payments, and they sent nothing in writing then there game begins..Trial 3 months then see if they feel like making you qualify or deny, then another 3 months then yo9u get the paper work, or you are the lucky one and get it all done as they say, but thats far and inbetween
  3. davephx

davephx LoanSafe Member

YES - the 2600 number was my call from the the Executive Response Unit - same number- same ID info on my caller ID. But when I called the 2600 got my assigned person (not Gary but Annette) directly. But it IS the Executive Response Unit out of .. Phoenix.

This is good. I think. It is "higher up" than the loss mit nice folks

On the voice mail she gave a 866 number but that had a fast busy. She said numbers were just changed but I got to her (Annette) on the 2600 number direct. Maybe they all have the same phone, or their computer is smart enough to read our incoming phone IDs and direct to right person.

I just hope I can reach her as easily when I call back again.
  4. SillyWorld

SillyWorld LoanSafe Member

Just be carefulll that Annette offeresd me a deal Modifacation for 3 months with a balloon payment at the end if I did not qualify, then if I did would be on another 3 month trial, and before paperwork would have to qualify again to get permanent mod, if it was no go both times then I owed the difference not paid on the whole deal, that Offer I had to deny cause nothing would have been in writing for 6 months
  5. davephx

davephx LoanSafe Member

SillyWorld - Sadly you have the FHA/GNMA problem so perhaps all Citi could offer was a 3 month forbearance at that point. Forget your details but if manged to quaify under FHA-HAMP where the back end ratio can be a deal killer vs regular HAMP, I assume...think... the rollup on the forbearance becomes part of the mod. So it at least gives you a change to get on a mod if you can qualify under FHA-HAMP?

So it seems the forbarence buys time and other than credit report no worse off than would otherwise be.

Many of us had to restart the 3 months all over again since Citi is so far behind.