Home Loans and Support

Foreclosure Sale Scheduled While in Trial 3 Month Modification

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by ebonieboo68, Aug 4, 2009.

1. ebonieboo68

ebonieboo68 LoanSafe Member

I am very concerned about my house being sold at foreclosure auction. I am about to make my 3rd payment in the trial modification program. Thirty days ago, I was served with intent to foreclose. Last night, I received the papers with a sale date of August 18th. I called Chase and they told me that yes it was scheduled for foreclosure. The counselor put me on hold and came back and typed some information in the computer. He told me he sent an email to the attorney's office asking them to put the sale on hold. My payment is due by August 15th. I will be making it on August 11 my payday. I am so afraid. I have 2 sons, one will be a senior this year the other is 11 years old. I just don't want to have to move them. We live in a pretty decent area and I don't want to take them from that. Can someone please tell me if Chase is just buying time to get the foreclosure process finished? Seems like they tell you three months trial plan which is just enough time for them to complete the foreclosure proceedings. I can’t afford 2,000 a month. There is no need for me to file BK because I would still have to pay trustee and make the 1900 payment. I feel like I am about to have a heart attack or something. Please help me!!! Any information would be greatly appreciated. It really seems like it’s a scam coming from Chase.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi ebonieboo68 welcome and thank you for joining.

Sorry to hear that is happening, we are beginning to see this scenario take place more and more. I dont see why they are offering many homeowners this trial period while still reporting you late even though you are showing good faith to the bank. Never did I see this before with a regular forbearance agreement...

Follow up with Chase everyday until they confirm with you that the sale date has been postponed. If it is not postponed soon I suggest you consult with a reputable loan mod attorney in your state to help get the sale stopped and also help achieve your modification..

Please keep us posted on your progress.
  3. briknope

briknope LoanSafe Member

May I ask what State you live in and how much equity if any do you have in the home? Theory being if there is a potential for a huge loss, a bank is not so eager to foreclose. Reason I ask what state is because some states have anti deficiency laws in place, some don't.
  4. vlove705

vlove705 LoanSafe Member

I JUST went through this with Chase...went back and forth calling Chase and the attorney. We were initially told that while in a trial period, the sale date would be postponed to the following month once that particular month's payment was made. Then, after our first payment was made and posted, we were told that we should not have received the sale date letter and it was sent out in error. At this point, we were calling Chase and their attorney every day to see what the deal was. The attorneys were telling us that they couldn't stop it until they received word from Chase to stop it. I finally got through to someone with sense at Chase, they put me on hold while they called the attorney's office and I now have a 90 day hold on the foreclosure, which they say gives us time to complete the 3 month trial period and get a perm modification in place. Once that happens, they claim that the foreclosure will be completely cancelled. My only advice is to call Chase and their attorney every day until you get confirmation that they have postponed it. Also, you can call your county office to confirm with them as well. Good luck.
  5. CHANLY

CHANLY LoanSafe Member

I was put on a trial mod just before the hearing to set the sale date. I was told by the Chase reps that the foreclosure would be put on hold and if I received anything to contact them ASAP. I called the law office just to confirm that they no longer had me as active on the foreclosure. My adivce is to call both Chase and their lawyer to get updates until it is put on hold. Seems that the right hand does not always know what the left hand is doing in this case.
  6. ebonieboo68

ebonieboo68 LoanSafe Member

I live in Maryland. I called the Attorney's Office today and was told that the foreclosure sale is still set for the 18 of August. They told me that they haven't heard anything from Chase concerning placing a hold on the forclosure. I called Chase back, they put me on hold to call the law office. When she came back to the phone she said they saw the hold. Now I had just called the attorneys office 5 minutes ago and they told me that there was no hold there. I am so afraid that I am going to come home to a lockout. Should I start looking for an apartment. Well, being behind on my mortgage probably makes me look pretty bad to apartment owners. I am so tired of this.
  7. briknope

briknope LoanSafe Member

you would be notified many many many times...certified mail, in person and all sorts of other ways before you drive up to your house and its locked out. The whole process could take literally years of not paying before it comes to that.
  8. ladycarman

ladycarman LoanSafe Member

ok here is an update ...our house went for auction on aug 6th at 12:30pm ok..now here is the kicker chase has not once called me nor my husband since i have called them back in may of this year...ok the 6th rolls around and they (chase) calls my husband and tells him in voicemail that we needed to call them back for a status update...ok status update to let us know the house sold...*hands in air* the status is duh..the house sold at auction so its your problem...dont be calling after 3 months giving us a update or so called status update we knew where the status was when i had called back in may ...so im thinking chase is covering their butts for telling us we were behind when we werent and soforeth...they can status update this "I DONT CARE ANYMORE ! " they didnt want to help then and they wont....