Home Loans and Support

Fighting Chase

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by G851613, Jun 9, 2011.

1. G851613

G851613 LoanSafe Member

Well, I wanted to update you on our modification fight.

It's been three or four years now. We haven't made a payment in at least 2 years. Chase has sent modification papers twice. The first time we got the papers for the 2nd mortgage, but they sent the papers for the 1st (you know, the important one) to a different address. We never got them. Someone at Chase even told me they hadn't been sent out yet and to wait for them. When I called back in November after getting foreclosure notifications, they told me they'd been sent out the same day as the 2nd. That's when we found out that it went to the wrong address. We even have proof from FedEx that it went to the wrong address. What's sad is FedEx would have worked to fix it if we had known to ask.

So, we had to start the loan mod process all over. We only got action after I emailed Jamie Dimon. Then we had someone in the special department to oversee our mod. The mod they sent actually raised our payment by a few hundred and dropped our rate 1 point. I told the gentleman that it was too much. He said he understood but that was the best we were going to get and that we should sign. We signed. It was too much. We defaulted again. Foreclosure papers were sent again. This time I hired a good attorney who understood exactly what I was talking about.

In look at the papers from the first time and the last time, Chase appears to have our 2nd mortgage and rolled it into the first. The first time the amount was arounf 110k, this time the amount is around 134k. Our second mortgage is 20k. I was told it was charged off, but it sure as heck looks to me like they rolled it into our first.

I've got all of my loan papers to send to my attorney. He's already requested all papers from Chase. Have we gotten anything yet? Heck no. I have gotten several communications from Chase (10k to move and do a short sale, mod requests) that I am sending to my attorney because I thought they were not to contact us once we retained counsel.

Anyway, I guess we might lose the house, we might get to keep it. But if we're going to lose it, then I told our attorney we wanted 15k to move and that I wanted my husband's credit report cleaned up because it was their screw ups that caused this situation. I guess we'll get to see what happens.

Just wanted to let you know we're still fighting. My husband doesn't quite understand why, but thankfully he's letting me do what I know is right.

I've asked my attorney to do a QWR (which he may have already done) and for someone to do forensic accounting on our loan and examine all the documents from that time.

I am open to suggestions to send to my attorney.

Thanks for all your help.

Heather
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Hi Heather,

I am so sorry that you are having to go through all of this, I am sure that it helps that your husband is supportive of you seeing it through to whatever the outcome may be. Would the two years of delinquent payments add up to the extra amount?
  3. G851613

G851613 LoanSafe Member

I'm sure the amount we're delinquent is in the tens of thousands by now since the payments were over 1k to start with when it all happened. We did have to send a letter to their attorney asking how much it would take to reinstate the loan, and they replied asking for over 8k in less than 2 weeks. Sadly, it wasn't something we could come up with in that time frame.