Home Loans and Support

FHA Negative Equity, Short Refinance Loan Product - Loan Modification

Discussion in 'FHA Loans, Requirements & Rates' started by janehelp, Nov 13, 2012.

1. janehelp

janehelp LoanSafe Member

What is up with this loan program and lenders/investors NOT accepting it?

If the lender is willing to short sale the property then they should short refi the property.

DUH!!

Please tell me someone agrees with me.
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Welcome and thanks for joining the community.

I definitely understand your frustrations as many people have had a difficult time securing an FHA short refinance. Can you please explain a little more about your situation and which lender you have applied with?
  3. Lizzard

Lizzard LoanSafe Member

Evan,

We are in a no win situation other than FHA short refi. or HARP III if it goes. Who will do an FHA short refi? I have B of A and they are not willing to ask the Trustee for the 10% principal pay off.
  4. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Hey Lzzard,

Do you happen to know who your investor is? Unfortunately, servicers are making it very difficult to complete an FHA short refi even though many seem to meet all of the eligibility requirements. Here is another thread with a member who successfully completed a refinance under this program.

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/refinance/42257-just-pre-approved-fha-short-refi.html