Home Loans and Support

FHA HAMP TRIAL 5 MONTHS & 1 payment returned?

Discussion in 'Making Home Affordable' started by sony1, Nov 19, 2011.

1. sony1

sony1 LoanSafe Member

Hello all.
    I have been following these boards for months but I have never posted. Just completed the 5th FHA hamp trial payment this month (husband lost job then got a new job with less pay; reason for applying for the hamp) Payment is right now 31% of our income-payment reduced about $300. Bank of America is our loan servicer. It has been a nightmare from day one. One really has to call, document, call, document-then get HUD or HOPE involved to help. The left hand at B O A is completely unaware of what the right one is doing.
    HUD did an inquiry for me last week and they say to keep making the trial payments-that permanent mod is coming down the line. They assured me not to worry. I will mention that I have heart disease and worry is all I have done here lately. I have changed account managers more than 4 times. I have even been told the holdup is a legal issue with HUD.
    Guess what-today we received a check from B O A. It said partial payments are not accepted & the check was enclosed. They returned one of our 5 trial payments.
    I will be on the phone Monday morning to call my HUD counselor who has been helping me. I will also call my account Manager at the present time. I have called so many times, they know me by name.
    These are the craziest people that I have ever dealt with. I pray for all of us hardworking, honest folks to get a permanent modification. If one doesn't stay on top of their situation, these banks will do everything & anything against the rules. If Government gave them money to help people, then the Government needs to step in & monitor the money. This is an absolute sin, in my opinion. :notrust:
    God bless all of you.
  2. Tarin Myhairout

Tarin Myhairout LoanSafe Member

HI Sony1:

This sounds like an Excellent thing to report to the Iowa Attorney General; who is receiving a multitude of similar complaints.

See Estela's story at chase-mortgage-tell-us-your-chase-story/41356-chase-escalated-claim-executive-office-wake-up

It is yet another outrageous story of this abusive bank.

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Tarin
  3. sony1

sony1 LoanSafe Member

Just a quick update. After recieving check, called old account manager. He said to deposit check & pay the money back-that it was sent to us in error. Talked to new account manager & she advised not to cash it-to do what I wanted....hmmmm. Called HUD counselor then called & got transferred to the President's office at B of A. They advised what my old account manager said-to deposit it & send back payment-is correct. They apologized & said that a code had been removed from my file-allowing the payment to be returned in error. The code is now supposedly back on my file. The new account manager was horrible & wouldn't even listen to what I was telling her. When I got through to the President's office, they were more than helpful. We are awaiting on our final mod. When will it ever come? Has anyone heard that Obama is sending out new directives in Dec. to possibly qualify more people on the FHA hamp? This is what I was told, anyways.
    Happy Thanksgiving all.
  4. Tarin Myhairout

Tarin Myhairout LoanSafe Member

Hi Sony1:

I am glad it sounds like things will be figured out for you! It is nice to finally be heard.

I regret my earlier post about Foreclosure notices. When US Bank wrongly foreclosed us on while we were in HAMP review; my complaint was met with: "Well, we sent all those foreclosure notices, why did you ignore them?" We have all had unfortunate experiences with the difference between what the servicers are supposed to do under the HAMP Rules, and what they actually do instead.

It is truly astounding that regular people are expected to get all those foreclosure notices, but not 'worry' about them; it is a rather fine distinction between foreclosure and foreclosure activities, even if that is what the Hamp Guidance tells us. Unfortunately, the guidance is unhelpful in a case like mine, where the servicers are only following the rules they like.

Nonetheless, I was reacting to my own story, not yours; and for that I apologize.

Tarin
  5. sony1

sony1 LoanSafe Member

Just got our final modification today-FHA HAMP. We are going to notarize them at the bank on Monday. Our payments remain the same as our trial payment (which we paid for 5 months). It reduces our payment approx. $300 monthly. I'm praying this is over for us. It has been exhausting & stressful.
  6. TomEason

TomEason LoanSafe Guide Staff Member

sony1

Congratulations on having received your permanent mod docs!
  7. MusicLover

MusicLover LoanSafe Member

What were the details of the permanent mod? Rate? Partial claim amount? Any help will do, I have been making trial payments for 6 months now and nothing has progressed.
  8. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Hi MusicLover,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining........

If you are not getting a response from your servicer, for an FHA HAMP modification you can escalate your concerns to the FHA National Servicing Center at the number below;

1-877-622-8525
    hsg-lossmit@hud.gov

FHA National Servicing Center - HUD
  9. just_hellish

just_hellish LoanSafe Member

I feel your pain. I have completed 12 trial mod payments on time, and my loan was current at the time I entered the mod agreement. Payment number 12 was sent back to me today. I made that payment via phone on 11/29/11 and I called today to be told that back on 10/26/11 they had closed my workout.
  10. MusicLover

MusicLover LoanSafe Member

Thank you for your concern. I made my 7th trial payment yesterday and could not get a hold of my negotiator nor his manager, nor her manager. They all seem to be gone until the first week of January, while I still have to go to work because I do not get paid for holidays as a part-time hourly employee.

My major concern is that my loan is an FHA but it is not secured by Fannie or Freddie, it is a Ginnie Mae. I think that Bank of America is inept at modifying a Ginnie loan. I was current going in to this and received a letter last week from collections stating I had until yesterday to bring my payments current or foreclosure would begin. My negotiator said to ignore the letter, how do I ignore such a letter? This is unreal how impossible B of A is being!
  11. Cat Damiano

FHA loans would not be backed by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac as those loans are conventional loans, nor would the investor be Ginnie Mae. Borrowers are sometimes mistakenly advised that Ginnie Mae is the owner or investor in a loan because government-insured or guaranteed loans (FHA, VA, RD) serve as collateral for Ginnie Mae-guaranteed securities. Ginnie Mae guarantees the security, and it carries Ginnie Mae’s name; therefore, borrowers are often mistakenly advised that Ginnie Mae owns their loan. Ginnie Mae does not determine eligibility for loan modifications. The loan modification process is managed by the loan servicer according to the guidelines of the insuring agency, in your case FHA. BofA would have to follow the FHA HAMP guidelines for the modification of your loan. So if you are having trouble with the servicer, which it sounds as though you are, you would still be able to escalate your concerns to the FHA NSC.
  12. just_hellish

HA! BoA also told me GNMA

They also have been reporting me as delinquent against the guidelines outlined in publication 09-01 and I have been fighting that since May. Filing complaints with the reporting agencies themselves does nothing (each time a different creditor drops me or lowers my limits thanks to BoA's reporting). In October they sent me a new packet looking for info, all geared towards "finding a solution that would work for you." I keep arguing that I am in a plan that works and I was put into it after the new guidelines required that my financials be approved before a MOD trial was offered. The paperwork for the trial even states that I "will be offered a modification at the end of the trial period" if I meet the trial payments. Since I was current when I entered the mod, they said it would be four trial payments - so April 1, 2011 was the fourth and final payment. The fight continues.
  13. Cat Damiano

14. just_hellish

Yes, back in the beginning of October I had contacted the FHA NSC via email (email account told me I had to call, as the email is no longer monitored). So I called, and they just take a peek at what BoA has been reporting to them, and then they refer you to an escalation department within BoA itself. I am still embroiled in it all, so not too effective, eh? I called them again today, but their system to locate on an address is down, so without my FHA case number, they could not assist me.
  15. Cat Damiano

I am sorry that they were of no help to you and that you are still having to deal with BofA when you should be modified by now. If you have not already done so, you can escalate your file yourself as well by contacting the OOP of BofA directly in which you would be assigned a rep to look over your file and determine what can be done.

Here is that information;

BofA Executive Team
    1-704-386-5687
  16. just_hellish

I will admit to having lurked this board for the two years I have been battling BoA. It has been a great resource.

On a positive note, my latest protest and email to the OOP and HUD and OCC has gotten thing escalated and my account manager actually called me in a timely fashion. Apparently the closure of my workout was untrue - it was a mistake. So too was there rejecting my last payment. The "code" on my account that indicates I was in a modification had fallen off during changes made due to my whining about them holding my credit reporting hostage (reporting me as delinquent, and telling me things would be fixed when the mod became permanent).

Still no timeline on when my mod will be permanent, according to her, but that yes, it is still moving forward and I need to continue making the trial payments. I asked her how I could be patient and let things happen in their own time, when BoA was auctioning homes out from under people who were being told the same things as I. She of course had no answer.