Home Loans and Support

Dodd-Frank Eligibility Form -- is this a good sign?

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by quartetofone, Jan 17, 2011.

1. quartetofone

quartetofone LoanSafe Member

I am in the loan modification process for the second time with CHASE on my 1st for the second time. My first application was rejected in June. This time I have better income numbers. It was forwarded to Freddie Mac from the CHASE underwriter December 7th, 2010.

I just received this form to fill out and fax/mail back to them called the Dodd-Frank Eligibility Certification. Basically a form that you sign that proves you've never done anything phony financially in the past ten years.

Those of you who have been, or who are in the process of being, successful with your loan modification application with CHASE, can I take this to mean a good sign? Or is it just another process in this long ridiculous paper trail they create to delay this?
  2. Erik Sandstrom

Erik Sandstrom Mortgage Expert - Call 1-800-779-4547

Yes that is fine for you to sign. That's the last step before you recieve your permanent modification.

It is just to verify that all the information you have provided to the bank is truthful and correct. Also they're checking to make sure you're not a convicted felon.

Congratulations!
  3. quartetofone

Sandstrom:

Thanks for your positivity but I haven't even been put on a trial modification yet so to think that Chase is ready to grant me a permanent modification now would be naive I fear.

Unless you know something I don't... however, I was just told by my Chase modification "adviser" that this is a new government thing, so... more waiting I'm sure.
  4. Erik Sandstrom

Erik Sandstrom Mortgage Expert - Call 1-800-779-4547

That could very well be true, I have just started seeing these pop up....

They just want to make sure you're not fabricating documents and the information you're providing them with is correct. There have been issues with document creation companies creating fictitious documents. But then again, we should have the bank sign a document of this stature. They've been the problem from the beginning with these robo-signers.
  5. dfrige

dfrige LoanSafe Member

I signed the agreement as well... was denied... re-applied using additional income from my live-in girlfriend. Just got a letter saying I was denied but am confused if that was the denial letter from before or after (I used my gf's income). Beyond frustrating. Dealing with a nice woman at The Chase Homeownership Center, but she she has failed to call me back. If I call her 12 times in a day...is to much?
  6. quartetofone

dfrige:

I think 12 times a day is too much. However I think it's a bad sign that she's not returning any of your calls. Go in person. Then they could finally tell you to your face that they are not going to help you if that's what they've chose.