Home Loans and Support

deed of reconveyance

Discussion in 'Wells Fargo Home Mortgage' started by likaroc, Aug 10, 2010.

1. likaroc

likaroc LoanSafe Member

I sold my condo in 2005. Wells Fargo had not recorded my 10k HELOC so it was not paid at the time of closing. I've continued to pay the monthly interest payment. Last week I received a Deed of Reconveyance letter from the recorders office which shows my HELOC Account#. I then looked at my credit report and it shows the HELOC as a negative on my credit report, while stating 'pays as agreed'. From everything I've read a Deed of Reconveyance is an instrument to clear a title and proof a loan has been paid off. Has anyone had a similar experience or have any advice.