Home Loans and Support

Deed In Lieu from BOA: Finally Approved!

Discussion in 'Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure - Do You Need Help to ' started by Thereministe, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Thereministe

Thereministe LoanSafe Member

I just wanted to updated you all with my experience in going thorugh a DIL with BOA.
    Here is my approximate timeline:

Got authorization to participate in a short sale on March 15[SUP]th[/SUP] </SPAN>
    120 days have passed and we have not gotten any offer.</SPAN>
    Called the Short sale Department to close our file and transfer it to the DIL department. </SPAN>
    Kept following up and I got a call from Flora Jones on 8/2/13 saying she would be my new account manager for the DIL.</SPAN>
    Sent me my welcome packet and filled out a bunch more forms, returned everything to her by 8/15/13.</SPAN>
    They reviewed the documentation and ordered a title search on 8/30/13</SPAN>
    it took 4 weeks to get the clear title back (9/27/13)</SPAN>
    Took another 2 weeks or so to get the file ready to be sent for QA for the final approval. (10/10/13)</SPAN>
    Received the final approval today (10/16/13)</SPAN>

Bear in mind that I annoyed the cr@p out of the rep almost every other day to make sure the file was moving along.</SPAN>
    But I am so relieved that I have finally gotten the approval.</SPAN>
    We still have to sign several more documents, then the transaction has to be recorded with the County</SPAN>
    When that is done, we will be getting our $2,000 check incentive/relocation assistance.</SPAN>

I have to say, my file has been handled well and the reps have been more than helpful each time that I needed to get an update or</SPAN>
    some sort of an explanation.

Let me know if you have any questions :blink1:</SPAN>
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Thanks for updating the community on your DIL journey! Your persistence did the trick and the process seemed to have went very smooth from beginning to end.

Congrats!
  3. TomEason

TomEason LoanSafe Guide Staff Member

Thereministe

Congratulations for having finally achieve a DIL! DILs do take a while, even when the file keeps moving, don't they? :notrust:
  4. Thereministe

Thereministe LoanSafe Member

It took about 2 months. Thought it would be much much longer though!!