Home Loans and Support

Credit Repair Sample Letters

Discussion in 'Credit Repair' started by Moe, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

When you are disputing items on your credit report, you will need to write a series of letters to each credit reporting agency that you wish to dispute. This is the same tactic that "pay for" credit repair services use when they attempt to clean up their clients reports.

You can do this yourself.

What you are doing is asking them to verify these accounts by proving they have this information.

This is from the FTC:

CREDIT REPAIR SAMPLE LETTER #1

Dear Credit Bureau,

This letter is to inform you of issues regarding my credit and your reporting methods that are negatively affecting me at this time.

I was informed after applying for a loan that my credit scores were too low and was denied the loan because of these credit issues. After requesting the credit reports and reviewing them extensively, I had noticed several errors.

These errors I feel are due to mistakes by your bureau and I and requesting that these these errors be corrected as soon as possible.

There are several addresses that I do not recognize:

The following public records I have no knowledge of:

The following accounts are not mine:

I am requesting that these these accounts are verified by your firm. Please forward me all applicable information in regards to these accounts.

Including but not limited to:

• The name and current address of the party
    • Account number
    • Method of verification
    • Reported 1st delinquency
    I appreciate your time in responding to this matter.

Respectfully,

[Name]
  2. Moe

Credit Repair Sample Letter #2

Dear Credit Bureau,

There seems to be an error on my credit report that I need to have corrected. Can your agency please provide proof that the account (s) listed below truly belong on my credit report. The reporting of these erroneous accounts are affecting my ability to obtain credit and as well as my life. Please remove this reporting error as soon as possible

Account Name and or Account#

Sincerely,
    (Name)
    Address
    Social
  3. Moe

Credit Repair Sample Letter #3 From the FTC

Date

Your Name
    Your Address, City, State, Zip Code
    Complaint Department
    Name of Company
    Address
    City, State, Zip Code

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute the following information in my file. I have circled the items I dispute on the attached copy of the report I received.

This item (identify item(s) disputed by name of source, such as creditors or tax court, and identify type of item, such as credit account, judgment, etc.) is (inaccurate or incomplete) because (describe what is inaccurate or incomplete and why). I am requesting that the item be removed (or request another specific change) to correct the information.

Enclosed are copies of (use this sentence if applicable and describe any enclosed documentation, such as payment records and court documents) supporting my position. Please reinvestigate this (these) matter(s) and (delete or correct) the disputed item(s) as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Your name

Enclosures: (List what you are enclosing.)
  4. pwsolutions

pwsolutions Guest

thanks for attaching these templates. but the letter i received few days back.. that doesnt address me by my name but my account number.. is that fake?
  5. sqa4life

sqa4life LoanSafe Member

Excellent info.
    thanks
  6. rockraider3

rockraider3 LoanSafe Member

Is anyone having luck with a DIY credit repair?

I'm afraid that by bombarding the three credit reporting agencies with disputes that I will be "red flagged" or something and that it would hamper my efforts. Is this fear misplaced?

For the last few weeks I've been trying "Goodwill Letters" sent directly to my negative reporting creditors asking for forgiveness and to delete negative marks they've reported to the credit agencies. So far no luck, but I just started this.
  7. nickelnm

nickelnm LoanSafe Member

I have to say that the above letter are great for a STARTING point, but I would caution anyone who uses a form letter. When the credit bureau starts getting hundreds of letters that are exactly word for word; then there is the possibility of the disputes being classified as frivolous. Also, I would advise against using 'not mine' as a reason to dispute a negative account.

Try to find a specific reason to dispute such as: opening date, closing date, incorrect balance, unrecognized creditor...
  8. goodyphilips

goodyphilips LoanSafe Member

Yes correct more than often in most of the situations, if we are aware, then we can take steps ourselves to get our credit score repaired. thread starter has very correctly said that credit repair companies adopt the same approach ie sending a series of credit dispute letters.
    Credit repair companies have sophisticated softwares which on entering couple of financial data about their client, automatically generates credit dispute letters. many of these softwares are available and that too at a cheap rates and few, i have heard, are free also.