Home Loans and Support

CitiMortgage Modification SUCCESS!!

Discussion in 'CitiMortgage' started by duhanoho, Mar 9, 2009.

  1. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    Hello to all. I'm so glad I found this site. I have been working with CitiMortgage since Mid December 2008 for some kind of modification. I started the process while we were still current as I knew with our situation (husband was laid off starting beginning of december) we weren't going to be able to make our January payment. I faxed in the workable solutions packet along with hardship letter and everything else that they asked for. I started calling the second week of january and was told that my fax hadn't been received (even though I had a confirmation on my end). I got disconnected from that person and when I called back, the faxed papers were showing as received! Anyway, I finally got the name of our counselor on February 2nd, Chantelle, she called me a couple times and finally last week she called and told me that she had forwarded everything to Stephanie in closing. We are currently almost 60 days late with January, february, and March coming up on the 17th due. And we are extremely nervous!! We have never been late on our mortgage before (more than 10 days) and I'm not sure what to do. Should I just wait it out longer or should I use the email that is provided here? Or call the numbers that are on here?

    What would you recommend?
  2. Maurice Bedard

    Maurice Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

    Hi duhanoho,

    Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.............

    You can try calling the number for LoanSafe to check the status of your modification...........

  3. giari3

    giari3 LoanSafe Member

    Hello, we are also behind for Jan/Feb mortgage payment. I submitted our paperwork Jan 17 via fax they said it was received but not assigned yet. I have made a few calls and they say they will be contacting me. Meanwhile I did receive a letter to call for HomeSavers Program. I told them that would not benefit us. I then talked to someone else and we made arrangement for the next 3 ms. starting in March to pay $2195 instead of our impound account of $2777. They are adding 20% ballon payment and we will owe about $10,500.00 in June this includes past 2 payments, June's payment and the 20%. I told them that I would not have the money. They said that is were the possible Loan Modification will come in to place. No guarantee's. The reduction of payment is great for now. I guess we just will have to wait and see what happens. I am tired of struggling every month and tired of worrying of what if. I hope they are willing and able to work something out for us! Oh, and I was nervous too, but it was causing too much stress on my family. Rosie :):)
  4. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    Well I left a message at the number that you posted here Cat. I will wait for them to call me back tomorrow because it says they get back with you in 24 hours. thank you!

    I don't know what I'm going to do if they say that we would have to have a balloon payment. We definitely wouldn't have it. My husband is finally getting back to work (last week worked 40 hours!!) so we are trying to get back on track and actually pay our utilities that are threatening to shut off. I'm just ready for this to be over.
  5. Maurice Bedard

    Maurice Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

  6. giari3

    giari3 LoanSafe Member

    I've also had the pink/red notices for disconnection. But regarding the ballon payment they said if my loan mod was approved that they would add it to my loan. At this point, I don't really care what they do as long as they reduce my payment to perhaps what I am paying now for the next 3 months. I just want to be able to remain here and not lose my house of 20 years. This forum is great because many of us can share our life experiences good or bad and perhaps give each other hope! Good luck to both of of us. I am have a positive attitude that things will get better. If not, I will deal with it when the time comes. I will keep calling until they give me an answer. Have a nice day!
  7. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    I left a message and I sent an email to the homeownerhelp@citi.com Hopefully I'll hear something today sometime.

    We really just want to stay in our house too (we've been here for 11 years). Any help that they can give will definitely be appreciated. We just want a more affordable payment so we can breathe a little easier if my husband doesn't get 40 hours every week. Unemployment pay doesn't cover much, barely even groceries these days.
  8. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    I just received a phone call from Tisha in the executive response unit. She is going to follow up on my modification and see what's going on with it. She told me something that's a little bit scary though. She said that 9 times out of 10 you have to come up with a down payment of 2 payments that is due prior to the modification goes thru. That's the whole point of asking to put the missed payments on at the end of the loan, I couldn't make the payment for those months so I'm not sure how I would come up with 2 monthly payments at once.

    Has anyone else been told that? We made every one of our payments on time prior to January of this year when my husband was laid off. Doesn't that count?

    Anyway, she was very nice and said she follows up with accounts 1-2 times weekly until they are resolved. I'm keeping my fingers, toes and everything else crossed that we can get this done soon!
  9. abbigail

    abbigail LoanSafe Member

    I just got my docs today. I'll update, though I warn you it's been a long few days so it might sound a bit scattered.

    I am currently unemployed. The offer was 1/2 payment (orig. 1857 not including taxes and insurance) to 928. for three months starting this month and 928 now for downpayment. So now I would pay two payments of 928 and then 928 for April and May. At that time it says I would have to pay the full amount of 1857 (not including taxes and insurance), reapply for modification or they have the option to foreclose.

    I had enough to pay all the back amount, but this is the offer. These jobs have been slow. I was turned down for two of them, one being a $10 hr job. That's about a third what I was making before my job ended. 300 others applied to that job as well.

    The ohter one was my pay range but they hired a person with half the experience new to the industry and half the pay. Still got some going and still think they will come through but it's looking like a pay cut for sure. I'm nervous about it all. I felt good about the offer considering, but it's not guaranteed a modification even if I do get the job,etc. I am hoping I make the right decision with doing this. Maybe I should call and ask why it's starting this month and I have until the 31st to sign.

    I was wondeirng why the documents were worded as "the forebearance you requested"? It's not what I requested it's what they offered.
  10. Kirby'sMom

    Kirby'sMom LoanSafe Member

    I think I would call and verify the docs before signing them. You may have two different depts. working on this. If you asked for a loan mod, you shouldn't be getting papers for a forebearance, I wouldn't think. But, I'm new to this whole process, too, so don't know for sure. I just know I wouldn't sign anything until I knew for sure.
  11. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    I just got off the phone with I guess you call her underwriting? Anyway, she was nice but a little snippy. She was a little upset that I had gotten the executive response unit involved. She said that unit is for people that aren't having any movement on their account for months and months and they just made her put our account in front of 100 other people. Anyway, she just wants me to email a scanned copy of one of my husbands paystubs since he is back to work now. She said that once the executive response unit gets an account she has to make that account a priority so it will be done very fast.

    She told me that we would only have to come up with one payment instead of 2. That makes it a little easier.
  12. abbigail

    abbigail LoanSafe Member

    I am going to make sure I understand them. I didn't specifically ask for a modification. I think they can only offer this right now because of my work and a shortage in my income right now. I've had only good responses from the executive resonse team as far as them following through on what they say. Thanks for your advice :)
  13. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    Question re: Notice of Default

    We have been working with Citimortgage since December to do a modification on our mortgage. We are in the final stages of the modification (our account is now with underwriting), but today we received notice of default, our account is not 90 days late yet but we have missed 3 payments. Does that mean that this will be published in our local paper saying we are in default of our loan? I am so embarrassed and sick by all of this, I am just beside myself.

    I spoke to our loss mitigation specialist yesterday and she said that we should be hearing from her probably by monday or tuesday with an approval but I'm still worried about all of this.
  14. Maurice Bedard

    Maurice Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

    the notices will follow what is outlined in the Deed of Trust that you received at closing under the clause acceleration remedies.............
    When in default they would have to continue the steps of the foreclosure process to protect their investment.
  15. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    Just wanting to post an update on our battle.

    I spoke with our loss mitigation specialist today and she said that underwriting had sent our modification back with no interest rate deduction (we are at 9.18% currently!) and said they would only add the past due to the end of the loan. She did not agree with this and Tisha in the executive unit did not either. Tisha is fighting this for us as we speak. They had suggested a decrease of our interest rate to 5.15% for the remainder of the loan with the missed payments put at the end. We are supposed to be hearing from them by tomorrow afternoon.

    Also, I posted on here that we had gotten a letter stating we had to have almost 6 thousand paid by 04/18 or they would accelerate our loan. Well I was able to make a payment of one months payment thru our loss mitigation specialist, after that payment we got a revised letter saying we now only have 3800 due by April 30th. So I'm going to continue to make a monthly payment thru loss mitigation until we get this straightened out. We are now only 2 months behind and I'm not going to let it get anymore behind. But, hopefully we will get this taken care of at the latest by middle of next week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed anyway.

    My husband is back to work full time now so that's a blessing!
  16. giari3

    giari3 LoanSafe Member

    I have also spoke with Trisha in the Executive office. She is very knowledgeable and very sweet. She answered all my questions that I had. So if she she will be calling you soon. Well we are 2 ms. behind and am on a forbearance for 3 ms for $2195 instead of my $2777. After our May payment I have to call for review of loan mod. We will then owe about $10,000 for 2 ms. past due and our June payment plus 20% ballon payment which I was told that if approved they would add to loan. There is no way that I could come up with the $10,000 in June. So I am crossing my fingers and hoping for the best. It sounds like your in good hands with Trisha. Please keep us posted! Rosie
  17. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    I'm beginning to wonder if this is every going to happen. Tisha called me again on friday (apr 10) and asked for more paystubs. We have sent new paystubs three times now. When we originally faxed it on December 30, on March 10th and now the third time April 10. I'm so frustrated! I know we aren't the only ones that this stuff is happening to but when it's you you feel like you're by yourself.

    My husband was laid off from mid december until the end of February so we were unable to pay mortgage payments in jan, feb and march. We scrounged money by selling our truck and barely eating and now I've paid january and february payments. So in reality we are not even 30 days past due anymore and now I'm wondering if that's going to hurt us. It would have been nice to keep that money in a savings but I was scared to keep letting it get behind.

    Anyway, I'm hoping that I hear something this week. Every week I keep telling myself this will be the week that we get this resolved and I can relax again.
  18. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    Just wanted to give a quick update.

    Nothing much going on right now. I spoke with Tisha again on 04/20/09. She said that underwriting is working on it now and we should hear something by the very latest next wednesday 04/29/09. She sounded very positive and said that since we've made 2 payments in the last 30 days we shouldn't have to come up with another payment when the modification goes through.

    Something else interesting. I always log on to our online citimortgage account just to make sure the payments that we did make are posting and so forth. There is now a message on the main page that says they have received our request for assistance and it is under review. That was just put there this week.
  19. giari3

    giari3 LoanSafe Member

    Dohanoho, I am sure that since it's been so long now that they should come up with something by 4/29/09. I just hope it's something that you can work with. I have read how so loan mod's are reduced just $200 and then they add whatever was outstanding to the loan amount. Well I am already $550 in the deficit so that would not help me. I called on Monday and spoke to Segun and asked regarding the 31% - 38% mortgage payment according to your gross monthly income, but he did not have any info. He said that there are a lot of different plans that they work with but that I had to send in my 3rd forebearance payment before being reviewed. Well that will be next week and then I also have to refax my documents again. I hope that soon after that they can give me something that is really going to help us keep our home. I am letting this get to me the not knowing what is going to happen. I now have sleepless nights. :( I will also keep you posted! :)
  20. duhanoho

    duhanoho LoanSafe Member

    I am so excited I can barely type!!!

    I got a call from Solomon in the modification department with my modification proposal.

    My interest rate will go from 9.18% to 4.82% fixed for the remainder of the loan (335 months)

    All late fees have been waved by citi.

    My payment goes from $1786.00 monthly to $1153.57 monthly, a savings of 628.73 a month!!!!!

    First payment not due until 06/17/09.

    I am so thankful for loansafe. If I hadn't found you guys I really believe I would still be stressing and worrying about all this. Solomon said I will get the documents via email by monday and then we have to sign and fax back within 48 hours. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Share This Page



"Hello Moe, I just wanted to tell you, your website has saved my life (literally), I stumbled on your site in the middle of losing my home, I was able to network with people going through the same thing as I am. I didn't feel alone anymore, I have tried to give back and counsel those that haven't walked in my shoes yet. We hear so much about what is wrong with America, I just wanted you to know, you are whats "right" with America."

Nina Mitchell
Loansafe & MoeSeo Inc. © 2014 | LoanSafe.org is not a bank, lender, mortgage broker, law firm or affiliated with the US Government. Privacy Policy