Home Loans and Support

Citimortgage Modification????? Help!

Discussion in 'CitiMortgage' started by chall, Nov 15, 2011.

1. chall

chall LoanSafe Member

So to make a long story short. We filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in December 2009. I then lost my job in September 2010. We went from having 2 kids in the home to 4 kids in the home with no help in May 2010. I didn't go back to work until April 2011. Couldn't find a job. My husband was trying to make all the bills as well as feed 4 kids in the house. So we converted our Chapter 13 to a Chapter 7 in September, 2011 & it was discharged. We let everything go. Our vehicles, credit cards, everything. The only thing that we decided to keep was the house & hopefully be able to work something out with Citimortgage. We received a letter from Citi stating that if we didn't pay the balance due of $36k by October 28 they would pursue other actions (Notice to Accelerate). We contacted Citimortgage immediately & applied for a loan modification. We were notified on November 9 that it was not approved due to our debit to income ratio. The only way they could do a modification is if we pay $19k up front & then pay the remaining balance over the next 12 months on top of our house payment. I have called Citimortgage every day 2-3 times a day & have been advised that our file is not being reviewed for foreclosure. I called them again this morning & advised that the file is not being reviewed for foreclosure & there is no attorney assigned to the file nor is there a sale date listed. We live in Texas & I do know that the mortgage company has 21 days to file a Notice of Foreclosure with the County office & if I am correct today is the 21 day & I believe that if they do not file it today then I am clear until January. I am just so tired that I don't think I can much more. I don't believe that Citi wants to work with us. I have attempted to ask them if they could take the unpaid balance along with all of the penalties & interested & put it on the back of the loan so we could continue to make our monthly payments & I can not get an answer. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Hi chall,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.............

Try contacting either Michael or Frank, they help members of LoanSafe with Citi. Make sure that you reference this thread in your email so that they can look at your file and see what is going on and if they can help.

Here is their information;

Mike Cardace, Citi
    michael.cardace@citi.com

Frank Eliason Citi
    frank.Eliason@Citi.com
  3. cahale

cahale LoanSafe Member

We have been trying to get a Load Modification since August of 2011 with no success. We have even contacted a lawyer. He received papers from CitiMortgage finally. And, have email and call CitiMortage several times. We have been through four different people with no relief. I hope you can get some help! We have got none!!!!
  4. Cat Damiano

cahale,

Did you try the contacts that I posted above? They both come on this forum quite frequently and if you reference the thread in the email they will know that you are a member of LoanSafe. They will be able to take a look at your file to see what exactly is happening.
  5. cahale

cahale LoanSafe Member

I did email Frank this morning. I hope he can help. Thank you for this information.
  6. Cat Damiano

Also send an email to Michael as well.
  7. cahale

cahale LoanSafe Member

Okay thank you so much!
  8. Cat Damiano

No problem, please keep us posted on updates in your thread and good luck!
  9. cahale

cahale LoanSafe Member

I just received a call from Brad at CitiMortgage. There might be hope!
  10. Cat Damiano

That is hopeful, please keep us posted on updates in your thread so that members with a similar situation can follow the steps you are taking.

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/citi-mortgage/45701-citimortgage-citicorp-trust.html
  11. gardenrose

gardenrose LoanSafe Member

Hi: Cat is 100% correct! I have been having so many problems with Citi and the loan mod. I have been checking out this great site, but was very hesitant to try contacting Michael or Frank. Last week, (Wed) after yet another road block, I was so frustrated I sent an email to both Michael and Frank. Within a very short time, (less than 30 min.) Michael sent me an email. I was shocked. A few emails back and forth and before the day was over I had an email from Brad, who I am now working with. He is so professional, and so far great to work with. He follow's every phone call with an email explaining what he needs. I don't know if this will all work out, but I can say I feel so much better. Like a load has been lifted. Just talking to the right people really makes you feel better. I will post the results when it happens. But, for now. I really suggest you email Michael. Don't wait.
    THANK YOU LOAN SAFE!!!! I will be telling everyone about this site Thank you Michael for following up so quickly.
    <!-- google_ad_section_end -->
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2012
  12. Cat Damiano

Hi gardenrose,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining..........

I am so happy that the contacts that we post on LoanSafe were able to help you out. Please do keep us posted on your progress.
  13. cahale

cahale LoanSafe Member

Update: I am still working with Brad at CitiMortgage. Things seem to be moving along. I had a lawyer contact me from Texas wanting me to use him. But, I am trying to give CitiMortgage one last chance.

Thank you loansafe for this website. It gave me hope to make it to the next day!
  14. Setmefree

Setmefree LoanSafe Member

Keep pressing! I didnt keep pestering and tried to be patient. When I finally took action they told me I had been rejected for the program 3 months prior. They had made no attempt that I know of to contact me with this information. It was at that point I lost all respect for Citi and I dropped them as my bank. Good luck.
  15. wattsfamily

wattsfamily LoanSafe Member

Citimortgage-Modification COMPLETE, hoping for help with loose ends...

I've been reading posts at Loansafe.org for the last couple of years...More than once, I've found some relief in knowing I'm not the ONLY one having issues. Thanks for continuing to encourage us to stay at it, and not give up! In the beginning, I wondered if this contact information might be fake...but after reading post after post full of success, I guess I'll give it a shot?!?

Long story short...in July 2010, we (finally) received our Loan Modification after 16 months of stress and frustration. We still have one last loose end that needs to be wrapped up. As you've suggested, I'm sending an email today to your contacts at CitiMortgage (Michael and Frank) with the hope that they can 'work their magic'...

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes....:wondering:
  16. Jeffrey L. Shurtliff

Jeffrey L. Shurtliff LoanSafe Member

A person could say this in an email. Dear Frank or whoever. I have been trying to get a loan modification for months and keep hitting dead ends. I feel I have no control over this and it is causing me emotional distress. Thank you for your help.
    With this message you are telling them they are in exclusive control and they are the ones causing you emotional distress. Believe me they will modify you somehow...........Jeffrey
  17. cahale

cahale LoanSafe Member

Update

We have finally got our modification complete after a battle of 4 years!!!!!!!! Without Loansafe this would not have been possible. We made our first payment on our trial modification last Friday!!!!!!
  18. Cat Damiano

cahale,

That is really great news! Congratulations! Please keep us posted on your progress.
  19. wattsfamily

wattsfamily LoanSafe Member

Progress . . . I think . . .

Our new contact at Citi has called us a couple times over the last few weeks...we were first told they weren't able to solve our problem...but after sending copies of the emails showing Citi had agreed to reverse the negative credit reporting, we received a phone call telling us they were going to do it! As soon as we see the actual corrected reports, I'll be convinced. Either way, we've had very professional service from this team...:amuse:
  20. cahale

cahale LoanSafe Member

We are in our trial period of our loan modification. I will be making the last payment at the end of this month. I hope this works out. But, just in case it gets screwed up for the 15th time I have a lawyer on standby.