Home Loans and Support

CitiMortgage and Citi Financial Special Contact Information

Discussion in 'CitiMortgage' started by Moe, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

The great people at Citi Mortgage and Financial have reached out to us at Loan Safe and wanted to make sure that their clients know and understand that they are there waiting to help.

Loan Safe had a conference call with upper management this last week and in that call Citi specified that if you can afford your home and just not your mortgage and a loan modification will help you, then they will work with all their clients in a professional and ethical manner. We at Loan Safe feel that they are not giving us and the community lip service and are a lender and servicer we can trust.

Citi Mortgage and Loan Safe asks that you all leave your feedback here

The contact information is all encompassing for Citi Mortgage products, as Citi Financial and Citi Mortgage are now one in the same.

Email address:
    homeownerhelp@citi.com

homeownersupport@citi.com

Phone Number:
    1-866-915-9417 Option 4

Don't forget to check out Citimortgage's Homeowner support blog, there's a ton of great information for you Citi borrowers as well as mortgage assistance events they are hosting regularly around the nation where you will have the chance to sit down and meet with a rep face-to-face to discuss your struggles.
  2. jujucarson

jujucarson LoanSafe Member

Re: Citi Mortgage and Citi Financial Special Contact Information

Hi i have a thread on Countrywide site here and I am awaiting my modification workout also. I complete my information August 1, 08 with a reset due to increase beginning first payment Nov. 1,08. I called and they set it was still pending. I asked who was my investor and they stated Citi residential mortgage, is this thread regarding the same investor.

If so does the advice in the first thread apply to me?
  3. Hate Citi

Hate Citi LoanSafe Member

Moe,

I do appreciatte you diligence, unfortunately I don't believe that citi was completely honest with you.

I have a letter from kinkeo that explicitly states in no uncertain terms that my modification request was denied based solely and arbitrarily upon the fact that my monthly mortgage does not exceed 40% of my gross monthly income.

The letter goes on to state that financial statements have absolutely no relevance in the process.

So the assertion that "if you can afford your home and just not your mortgage..." Is completely untrue.

It is signed by Kinkeo, I can even fax it to you. And this was just last week.

Citi is full of crooks, thieves and liars.

I can barely afford meds and food for my 7 month old due to my ever increasing ARM adjustments which are currently averaging out at about 10%.
  4. Steve Donlin

Steve Donlin LoanSafe Member

I was present at the conference call myself, and we asked some very direct questions, and I thought we got some reasonable, direct answers. Citi was not looking for some kind of a "puff piece" article to be written about them, they asked us how they could better communicate with the struggling homeowners here at Loansafe.org.

They want to read the "excellent, good, bad, & the ugly" about the personal experience when dealing with Citi and their loss mitigation departments. That is an important aspect of improving their service during this tough time. It doesn't mean that every homeowner who asks is going to immediately get the help they ask for, but it certainly is a responsible act by Citibank, a big member of "Corporate America" to reach out to the public.

So, why don't we ask Citibank to respond to the letter sent to you by "Kinkeo". If you will scan/email it to me at: steve@loansafesolutions.com, I will personally see to it that it reaches the hands of the 2 individuals at Citibank who are spearheading this reaching out effort.

This is exactly the reason that Citi asked us to open this forum. They WANT to hear from you about your experiences. This is your opportunity, right here and now.
  5. Moe

Hate Citi,

I am going to see what I can do to get Citi to reach out to you and see what they can do.
  6. susieq68

susieq68 LoanSafe Member

Help. I have been dealing with a modification through Citi since Jan. They called me yesterday with a loan modification agreement. The interest only went down 1 point and since they have had it on hold since January my payment is going up because they are tacking on all the months it has been on hold. Instead of going down from 1247.91. it is going to 1318.00. What do I do? They are asking for at least 5000. down. I have that!I thought the whole point was to lower the payments. I have been through so much on this. I have several post. Please I need advice. I am suppose to call them this morning and tell them what I want to do. I had a variable and it actually went back down to the original rate because of the market. It was at it's starting amount that was 10.83. What do I do? I can not lose my home. I do not want to make them mad. I have been through the ringer with them. HELP!!!! ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!
  7. Steve Donlin

I know that the folks at Citi are reading this thread because I have been corresponding with them this morning regarding the "Hate Citi" thread. If you want Moe to release your email information to our contacts there, I am sure that he would do so. Just post an authorization here for him.
  8. Hate Citi

Thanks Moe and Steve.

I do authorize you to release my contact info, and I certainly appreciate your help. Thank you very much.

My name "Hate Citi" may be a little over the top, but when I created the name I was so overwhelmed and upset with the process.

I have been trying to Address this issue since November of 2007, and I haven't gotten anywhere.
  9. Steve Donlin

Please get that letter from Kinkeo to us ASAP. That would be helpful to us. Citi has already been given your email addy and I would think you will hear from the today. Please let us know that they at least made contact at some point.
  10. Hate Citi

Steve,

I will absolutely get that letter over to you. I won't be able to do so until tomorrow morning though because I am at work today, and won't be home until 10:00 am tomorrow.

I will definitely keep you updated.
  11. susieq68

susieq68 LoanSafe Member

I give anyone at LOANSAFE permission to release my email. I have been battling this since last year and my loan has been on hold since Jan. 2008. I have to give them an answer this morning. What do I do? The whole point was the 1247.91 was too much. Now it is modified, lowered 1 point, ( I was told it would be more). Now with all themonths it's been on hold it is going to be 1318.00. I have the down payment they need, but how is this going to help me? SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:
  12. susieq68

susieq68 LoanSafe Member

I just recieved a call from the person that has been helping me. Citi, if anyone from there is reading this Jennifer Foley is wonderful!!! She just called and was able to submit it at 1203. My rate would be fixed at 9%. It is currently at 10.38, and 1247.91 which is where it started 3 years ago. It went full circle and dropped back down to that on its own. I had the numbers wrong this morning. I pray it is approved. Thanks Jennifer. Citi, you need more people like her!!!! She is always very friendly!
  13. Ozzyboy

Ozzyboy LoanSafe Member

Dear Moe and the people of Loansafe,
    I just want to confirm your statement about CITI. It is absolutly tru, Citi has wonderful people !!! I contacted the presidents office on July 17. 08 and from this moment on we where called every week from our contact person Donna, she was really proffessinal and most of all the most kind and human person. She made it possible that we can keep our condo. She is a tru angel !!! Our experience with CITI should be a sample for all other mortgage banks on how to handle the crises. My husband and I will be always thankful to CITI (and Donna)on how our situation and problem was solved. (Our Loan Mod was approved on Sept. 17.)
    THANK YOU AGAIN TO THE EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF CITI RESIDENTIAL.
  14. Hate Citi

Apologies for the delayed response, I was stuck at work dealing with a crisis.

Citi did contact me and after some in-depth discussion offered to freeze the rate on my first mortgage at it's current rate of 8.65% and lower the rate on the 2nd mortgage to 9.99%.

Since the principle on my 2nd mortgage is only 60k, the net savings is about $35.00 per month, which really doesn't help at all.

I don't have the cash in my checking account to even cover this months 1st mortgage, and I still owe $1,200 in utilities for this month.

So, yes; Citi has now reversed their previous position and offered me an insignificant modification; but it doesn't address or fix the issue of the mortgage being unsustainable.

For the record, Citi disagrees with me; in their assessment, they believe the terms are sustainable based on my income.

I have big problems with their logic on many levels, 2 of my big issues:

1) The loans were originated by Ameriquest and they were predatory as was acknowledged by my participation in the Ameriquest Class Action suit.

2) A $600 monthly surplus in debt to Gross income doesn't net to a positive number, yet Citi argues it does.

The real quantifier for modifications should be solid factors such as FICO score at time of the loans origination and specific date ranges of origination.

We know that from 2005 through 2007 the vast majority of sub-prime mortgages were predatory and riddled with fraud. Most of the companies that originated these loans are now out of business, and the loan and mortgage companies have made hundreds and hundreds of billions off of these toxic loans. Yet they still won't man up, take some responsibility for the mess they largely created and modify the terms down to something fair and sustainable.

They made billions off of us and we are all still paying the price, some of us more than others.

Everyone in the world is acknowledging that these loans are toxic for everyone, yet still here we sit with token modifications that don't even begin to start addressing or solving the problem.

My home is 120k (40%) underwater at this point, it doesn't make any financial sense for me to stay here under these terms.

I think I'll be forced to cut my losses and walk away eventually, it's sad and the investors that hold the note will lose so much more. Modifying the interest results in a lower yield gain, foreclosing on my house results in a substantial loss for them. It's mind boggling that Citi isn't offering anything of substance considering the current circumstances and market conditions.

Thanks to everyone here that has taken the time, effort and diligence in helping people find hope and solutions in this very dark period.

I wish I could have been one of those saved, but it doesn't appear that is possible at this point.

Again a sincere thank-you to all and I wish the very best of luck to everyone here trying to navigate away from this mess.
  15. Moe

This does not seem right at all. I spoke with them and they seemed sincere at helping homeowners in distress here at Loan Safe and I am going to hold them accountable to their word. There must be something they are missing here.

Let me email Citi and see what I can do for you ....
  16. Hate Citi

Thanks Moe, I am not sure what you will be able to accomplish, but I do appreciatte your efforts and dedication.

Citi told me I do not have a hardship, based on my last 3 years average salary and this years YTD income.

Did you still want me to send in that letter from Kinkeo?
  17. Hate Citi

I have been thinking about this for the past 2 days, and I am still not understanding why everyone is getting mods but me. I found another $160 per month of bills that weren't included in my income statement.

Gary Hernandez from Citi told me he is using "standard credit accounting techniques" to see what I qualify for. Well, if you are going to use standard credit and accounting techniques, then take my credit score into account and refinance me to a fixed rate based on my current FICO.

He then told me that if I don't accept his token rate freeze (@8.65%) then I can look forward to a rate increase in December to 9%.

This is ridiculous, my rate is going UP, and Citi is using it as leverage to convince me to accept a modification that does nothing for the problem.

Why are they so unwilling to modify the terms down to something fair like 6.8%?

I have already paid Citi over $80k in interest on this house over the past 3 years and my principle hasn't moved, while my rate continues to increase.
  18. 00blackout

00blackout LoanSafe Member

Who is the best contact person at Citimortgage? Is it easier to call them on the phone or via email? Thanks for the help!
  19. Moe

homeownersupport@citi.com

homeownerhelp@citi.com

Phone Number:
    1-866-255-3901
  20. nbq08

nbq08 LoanSafe Member

Where do I find the individual contact info. for the various folks at Citi? I can't seem to get in touch with anyone but a computer. I was supposed to contact workable solutions agent Dan Rose Oct. 1 but am unable to get through to begin the negotiating process. Thanks for any help. nbq08