Home Loans and Support

Citi Mortgage Loss Mitigation Department

Discussion in 'CitiMortgage' started by cbills, Jan 11, 2009.

1. cbills

cbills LoanSafe Member

Hello~

I am looking for some information about Citi Mortgage Loss Mitigation Department. We have sent in paper work in on October 2008 letting Citi know of our financial situation. I starting calling the Loss Mitigation rep who has been assigned to our account in November, I would leave messages. As of December, we still have not heard from anyone. I call everyday and leave a message for him and his supervisor she does not call me back either. In December, our house went into Pre-Foreclosure, we have a sale date of March 4, 2009. I was shocked that it was sent to an Attorney since we have let Citi know that we were having financial difficulties paying our mortgage.
    <O:p</O:p
    The problem is we are not able to get someone else assigned to our account. Many people I speak with can see the documents in the system and do not see any notes posted from the rep regarding our loan. I talked to another person in the department who sent an email to my rep asking if he could call us. We have also been in touch the Attorney and let them know that we have been in touch with the lender but they will not return our phone calls. Someone from the Attorney’s office sent our rep an email as well. I leave many messages asking if our rep will call us back to let us know if they can help or if we need to look elsewhere.
    One friend of ours asked if we had any equity in our house since we have a sale date, I told her we do not since we also have a second on the house and the houses are going for about 200,000 less than what they were.
    So I guess my question is this normal for Citi to do this. I have made many attempts to let them know that we want to do everything in our power to save our house but with them returning my calls I am not sure or what they need so we can stop the foreclosure.
    One person gave me another option of a company that works with people to do a loan modification, but the paper work that I looked at required that I send in copies of our mortgage deed. I thought that is very strange. They do charge a fee, then about 2500 to do a loan modification.<O:p</O:p
    So any advice would be greatly appreciated. The process is very frustrating, since our rep is the only one assigned to the account and no one else will work with us, they either give me his name again or transfer me to his voice mail.<O:p</O:p
    Cyndi<O:p</O:p
  2. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi Cyndie

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining....................

When you call tomorrow.........try calling the CitiMortgage number for LoanSafe members and see if they can help you..........they are out of the office of homeownership preservation and this contact number is for LoanSafe members only, so make sure that you let them know that you are a member here when you call.........also explain what has been happening with the lack of communication and that you want some answers.........
    1-866-255-3901

Please keep us posted on your progress...........
  3. cbills

cbills LoanSafe Member

Thanks for the number. I will keep you posted.

Thanks again!
  4. dyanna10776

dyanna10776 LoanSafe Member

Cyndi-I am having the same issue...I gave them my paperwork over 3 months ago and have heard nothing. I call them back and they say...no one has been assigned to your case yet...well....they also turned us into the attorneys and now it just seems hopeless. what ended up happening with you....
  5. Mylittleone3

Mylittleone3 LoanSafe Member

Hi I am in need of help so today I decide to call Citi mit dept and I was told over the phone that I have been DECLINED
    but when I call the authomated system at CITI it tells me that I am in my FINAL STAGES has anyone had something like
    this happen before?
  6. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Aren't you working with NACA? NACA has different contacts within the lenders other than the loss mitigation depts. There are normally advocacy departments set up specifically working with NACA, HOPE, and HUD counselors. What does NACA say about your file?

I am not sure that he will be able to help you since you have an open file with NACA, but you can try emailing Frank and ask your question to see if he can help.'

Frank
    frank.eliason@citi.com
  7. Mylittleone3

Hi Frank,
    Yes, I am working with Naca I have sent Naca an email to a person who I have been in contact with
    but you say there are other departments that I can work with. Sorry to ask this but where can I
    find the other phone # of who I can reach or contact? I just don;t know who to contact and how to get
    this solution fixed I am very confused.
  8. Mylittleone3

BTW sorry I meant Cat!!! Not Frank.
  9. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Frank is who I was giving you the email for to contact him to see if he can help you.

The other departments are not for you the homeowner to work with, they are the departments that the counselors use for the review of their files.
  10. Frank Eliason

Frank Eliason Citi Representative

Mylittleone3, please send me an email and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Regards,
    Frank Eliason, Citi
    frank.eliason@citi.com