Home Loans and Support

Chase transfered/sold my loan to Chase?

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by DangHurricane, Dec 29, 2009.

1. DangHurricane

DangHurricane LoanSafe Member

I was looking at some paperwork that I had put aside in a folder after this modification ordeal. I thought it was the usual letter that we recieved after every Western Union payment, that Chase was letting us now about their payment by phone (although paperwork clearly states certified funds or Western Union only).

Subject: Notice of new creditor

We are sending you this notice in accordance with the requirements of the "Helping Families Save Their Homes Act of 2009." Your mortgage loan has been sold or transfered to JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Chase is the new creditor of your loan.

Now this is odd since "Chase" bought our loan one month from the original lender.

It goes on to say that Chase Home Finance, LLC is acting as the agent for the creditor.

What gives with this? My loan is a FHA / Ginnie Mae loan. This is also dated after we made our 3rd forbearence payment.

Did anyone else recieve a notice like this after starting trial payments.

Also I called today and was told that I was not on a Trial Modification but a Forbearence plan that was being looked at for Permanent Modification. Thats the first time that they have stated it that way. It has always been "you are in a trial modification waiting to be made permanent."

Does any of this really matter?
  2. chasepmt2hot-firefighter

chasepmt2hot-firefighter LoanSafe Member

This is call misrepresenting the program. Obama clearly stated, this is a no no. Chase is so arrogant and believes they are untouchable... They would clearly pay a fine than to do the right thing and not misrepresent the program.
  3. GA Gal

GA Gal LoanSafe Member

Have you read this thread regarding Treasury involvement?

Based on that info I would call HOPE and address the issue with them and see if they can assist in getting things ironed out.