Home Loans and Support

Chase phone #407-771-0978, anyone recognize this?

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by bcabo, Mar 5, 2012.

1. bcabo

bcabo LoanSafe Member

We are walking from a rental property we have. We stopped payments in August of 2011. We got a few calls here and there from Chase, then they tapered off and stopped completely for sevral months. Now all the sudden we are getting calls from this number a couple times a day, every day. They have also sent us several "we want to help" letters in the mail.
    Anyone recognize the number or know what department it's for? We have gotten our NOI but nothing else.
    Thanks!
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

bcabo,

Google is your friend :) Just google the number and you will get all of the hits from others getting calls from this number on their caller ID and posting who it is from on sites like 1-800 notes and such.
  3. Chased around and around

Chased around and around LoanSafe Member

It's a chase collection number...
  4. TomEason

TomEason LoanSafe Guide Staff Member

This good news was just announced. Maybe you can qualify.

Boom-Era Property Speculators to Get Foreclosure Aid: Mortgages - Bloomberg
  5. bcabo

bcabo LoanSafe Member

Well, I googled it and read some very scary stories about who is on the other end. They never leave a message and it doesn't sound as though anything productive would come about from answering it. So I will continue to ignore it.
    As far as the news article, thank you for the info TomEason. Interesting reading, we aren't investors, per se. We became landlords when we (unexpectedly) inherited my husbands grandmother's house. We originally bought the rental intending for it to be our "forever" house. It's a complete money pit, with a class-action suit filed against the builder, so I doubt we would try to hold onto it. Thanks again though!
  6. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Yes this number just seems to be collections and they will do nothing besides try to collect a payment or possibly discuss workout options such as a loan mod or short sale..