Home Loans and Support

Cease and Desist what address?

Discussion in 'Bank of America Mortgage Help' started by dg0129, Dec 8, 2010.

1. dg0129

dg0129 LoanSafe Member

What address do I send a cease and desist letter for Bank of America to? Tired of getting 10 phone calls a day.
  2. lisasxr

lisasxr LoanSafe Member

Any and every address you can get. The right and left hand don't communicate and sending only ONE will not get it done.
  3. dg0129

dg0129 LoanSafe Member

Does anyone who has successfully gotten them to stop calling have the address they've used handy? The only one I see on this forum is office of the president.
  4. chopperpilot

chopperpilot LoanSafe Member

If nothing else works have you phone blocked the call and send it to your voice mail immediately, you won't even know who called.
  5. chowder

chowder LoanSafe Member

Something like that will probably be necessary if the OP is getting collection calls.
    If you really want to put an end to it...
  6. dg0129

dg0129 LoanSafe Member

I was under the impression from reading other stories on Loansafe that a cease and desist will stop the phone calls. I wouldn't mind so much but the phone calls are always exactly the same. I've answered the same questions from them 250 times and they just keep calling and asking the exact same questions. I don't know how to set them to go straight to voicemail while allowing other calls. I don't think my phone has that feature. I can program them to silent on my cell phone, but they still call the house phone 5 times a day. Legally if I send them a cease and desist they aren't allowed to call anymore or I can sue them can't I?
  7. chowder

chowder LoanSafe Member

If you have an account with them, plan on the small print to allow solicitation calls not only from them, but their 'partners' as well.
    If you have an account that's in default, plan on them calling your neighbors/family/work too.

Pretty much every land line service provider has some kind of voice mail options. You should be able to allow only friends and family numbers through. If not there's all kinds of gadgets you can buy that will do the same thing.
  8. freedomwon

freedomwon LoanSafe Member

I gave that a try some number of months ago & discovered I'm unable to put call blocking on an 800# which is where they always call from. I turned the ringer off on my phone, so they can call all day & it doesn't disturb me. Lucky for me, they don't have my cell #.
  9. TomEason

TomEason LoanSafe Guide Staff Member

Why do you choose to continue to talk with them? Don't pick up the phone, and if you do by mistake, just hang up on the caller. You're in control.
  10. carol7lynn

carol7lynn LoanSafe Member

Well put. I do it all the time.
  11. dg0129

dg0129 LoanSafe Member

I don' talk to them, but its fairly frustrated when they call at 6:30, 7:15, 7:45, and again at 8:45 in the same evening. My only real option is to unplug the call, but I have other phone calls I don't want to miss.
  12. TomEason

TomEason LoanSafe Guide Staff Member

If you have caller ID, then just screen your calls. Another good ploy is this. If you're close to the phone when they call, pick up the phone, say nothing, and immediately hang-up, thereby disallowing them (usually a robo-caller) the opportunity to leave a voicemail message.