Home Loans and Support

Cash for Keys Question

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by SherryB, May 10, 2010.

1. SherryB

SherryB LoanSafe Member

Does Chase do cash for keys and how much is it, does anyone know? I'm trying to find out but when I call I get that stupid recording that's wants me to give my information and I'm not ready yet to let them know they can take my house and shove it up their.....well, you all know!:p
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi SherryB,

From what I have seen around here it seems most lenders will be willing to offer anywhere from 1-3k in exchange for vacating your property and sending in the keys. However, not everyone will be successful acquiring cash for keys form their lender. You can request this but it is not guaranteed. Below is a couple recent threads on this topic.

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/foreclosure-process/26569-cash-keys-eviction.html

http://www.loansafe.org/forum/deed-...walk-away/27771-just-handed-over-my-keys.html
  3. Bucky

Bucky LoanSafe Member

It's possible due to the recent HFAP program however a lot depends on who your investor is. You've got to give information to get it.
  4. peppermintstic

peppermintstic LoanSafe Member

My attorney told me this was a scam!
  5. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Well cash for keys is basically an incentive to leave your home in a presentable matter prior to foreclosure in exchange for a couple thousand dollars to help with moving expenses.. Not sure how this can be a scam.