Home Loans and Support

BSI Financial Services HELP!!

Discussion in 'CitiMortgage' started by teshiachris, May 13, 2013.

1. teshiachris

teshiachris LoanSafe Member

While I was toward then end of application for HAMP modification with citi mortgage (it was with underwriting), citimortgage sold my loan to BSI Financial Services. I will include below a list of what has happened since:

1/30/13 1705 hrs:
    Called about loan and terms
    Explained that on 1/27/13 I spoke to Donnie Wilson regarding the sale of my loan to bsi while in the underwriting stages of a hamp modification with citimortgage. He stated I would probably have to re-apply with BSI for assistance. Additionally he told me that my interest rate was showing as 6.375. However I furnished Mr. Wilson via email at dwilson@bsifinancial.com a letter dated 12/6/2012 from citimortgage changing the terms of my interest rate to 2.75. He asked me to forward that letter to him and I did. I never received a call back.

On this date 1/30/13 at 1705 hrs I called customer service and the female rep stated she could not talk to me because the loan has been flagged as an active bankruptcy. I stated the only bankruptcy I ever had was discharged in 2008 and I had been actively working with citimortgage on a HAMP modification which was with the underwriter when BSI bought the mortgage. Now no one will talk to me about anything regarding the loan. She said she would request a review from the bankruptcy department and I should call back in 3 days. Mortgage sold on 1/17/13. Citi Rate Reduction Letter received on 12/6 effective 1/1/13 from 6.375 to 2.75.

2/4/13 at 1020am
    1020-on hold…
    1023-picked up and I asked for bankruptcy dept per above notes.
    1031- was told by BSI rep that the bankruptcy portion of the issue was cleared and now I could speak to a regular bsi rep about the mortgage. I was then forwarded to the voice mail of the “agent” handling my mortgage and I left a detailed message to call me back regarding the mortgage. I did not get her name as her voicemail was not loud enough to clearly hear it other than that it was a female. Female BSI rep was very nice.

2/4/13 at 1135 received a call back from Brittany Baker
    2/4/13 at 1139 calling her at extension 3647-Left Message on Voicemail.
    2/4/13 at 1354 missed call from Brittany Baker I was at Dr. Appt.

2/4/13 at 1522 – LM on Brittany Baker Voicemail
    2/4/13 at 1700 – Brittany Baker called me back. We spoke about my hamp application with citi and she stated BSI does HAMP as well. Also spoke about interest rate letter which she asked to email to her. I did that on 2/4/13 at approx 1819 hrs. She stated she will have a rep that handles HAMP stuff at BSI call me tomorrow 2/5/13 and she will look in to the interest rate change.

02/26/13 at 1321 Hrs - Spoke to Brittany Baker who said Allison from HAMP unit is handling my mortgage and transferred me to her. I spoke to her and I informed her of the interest rate change to 2.75 as of 1/1/2013. She said she saw notes in the file stating that my interest rate which is showing as 6.375 needs to be converted to 2.75 as of Jan 1, 2013. She will forward the file to them. Additionally she is sending me via regular mail a new HAMP application for the mortgage arrears.

03/25/13 at 1410 hrs- left message on Allison from HAMP unit’s Ext. 0035. Explained we spoke on 2/26/13 and that she was supposed to send me a HAMP application which was never received as per discussion above.

04/06/13 at 1215 hrs– Received Certified letter from BSI stating mortgage is 365 days in default and that the default can be removed with a payment of 24756.30 by July 5, 2013.

1220 HRS - left message on Allison from HAMP unit’s Ext. 0035. Called again for a call back since no one is responding asked her to tell me where to send HAMP application.

04/08/13 at 1451 hrs called ext 0035 again for Allison from HAMP unit. No Answer. Sent to voicemail again.

1453 – I called main number option 2 spoke to representative who tried to contact her and told me she was on another call. I explained I have left roughly 5-10 voicemail messages over the last 2 months for her to get back to me and no answer. I was told to “keep trying”….the representative also sent her an email to call me and gave me her email address of allingo@bsifinancial.com which I will now forward my hamp documents to even though I have had no contact from her.

1734 Hrs – sent the following email to Allison:

Allison,
    I had spoken to you on 2/26/13. You stated you would send me a HAMP application. I never got it. I have been calling you at extension 0035 6-10 times since 2/26/13 with no call back. I called again today, voicemail. I then called the main number, they tried to get you and you were on the phone with another customer. They sent you an email to call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Never received a callback again. I have filled out the HAMP application and am sending it to you via email and certified mail. I have attached all the supporting documents I THINK you need, however without any conversations I have no idea what you need. I have received 3 letters from BSI in the past 3 days. One says I have until July 1, 2013 to pay some 24,000 dollars. Another says May 1, 2013. All I need at this point is to have the arrears moved to the end of the mortgage to bring the mortgage current and I can start making my regular payments. It would help me greatly if you could return my calls and this email. Thank you.

I also sent the hamp application as well as supporting documentation

Basically BSI financial does nothing to contact me at all. i have sent all I think they need based on my dealings with citimortgage with HAMP. I have certified letter proof they received it as well as fax receipts and the like. I can get no one on phone and I fear they are going to forclose without even making a good faith attempt to help me. Does anyone know anyone at BSI i can talk to for help. The normal lines of communication are just not working...
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Welcome and thanks for joining the community.

I'm very sorry to hear what has happened and BSI should have honored the HAMP modification you received from Citi shortly before they took over your account. Unfortunately, mistakes like this do happen when loans are transferred servicing because it can take 30 days or more before the transfer is complete, and the new servicer may not agree to the terms of the modification if it is not updated in their systems with the new payment. However, you have proof of the modification and they obviously know you were previously approved for HAMP if they can see it in their systems that your new interest rate should be 2.75%..The rep is not properly handling your account and BSI is not doing everything in their power to honor the agreement, if it were myself I would not hesitate to file a complaint against BSI because your account is going to continue falling further and further behind (racking up much more fees) while they work on finalizing your agreement..

• Contact your State Attorney General. Contact information by state is available here: http://www.naag.org/current-attorneys-general.php

• File a complaint regarding your servicer with the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: https://help.consumerfinance.<wbr>gov/app/mortgage/ask

• Report a scam to the federal Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force: StopFraud.gov - Report Fraud
  3. teshiachris

The HAMP was not yet approved by the underwriters. the interest rate change was a seperate matter, it was due for its first adjustment after 7 years it happened 16 days before bsi took over and BSI did change it to the right interest rate but What I am trying to do is re-apply for HAMP with BSI now but I cannot get any confirmation and or contact with them other than the contact listed in above post. I am simply trying to get the arrears some 24,000 either put in HAMP or added to the end of the term of the mortgage to bring it current. But dealing with BSI is a tremendous challenge. they do not cal back when they say. they do not send documents they say they will send and I feel I am getting no where. I did send a new hamp application to them with all the required information by fax and certified mail but no response from them as to if they even got it. Of course I do have the return receipt showing it was signed for but from there who knows....
  4. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

I saw some email addresses but didn't see any contact numbers. BSI supposedly has a HAMP department, if you have not already dealt with them, you may want to give it a shot to actually get to speak with someone.

Please contact the HAMP department at :
    1-866-209-4178
    Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST.

5. vigil

vigil LoanSafe Member

Seems like we are all going through something when we come to these forums. I applied for a modification and was approved for a modification that reduced my payment and forgave 44,000 per year for 3 years. first payment was to be June 1st. Let the celebration commence, until I got a letter today from Citi saying they are selling my loan effective May 24th to BSI Financial!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I cannot believe this is happening. I've read some of the posts and it seems I am at ground zero again. My question is, is there anyway to stop the transfer?? Also, is there a chance when I receive a lettter form BSI that it may ask for the modified payment? I cannot beleive Citi answered all our prayers and then pulled the rug from under us. My wife is on a liver transplant list and the modification was such a blessing:(
  6. teshiachris

I am pretty sure if you were officially approved that it will carry over. Just keep any paperwork that shows your new numbers and present to bsi when the transfer is complete. My situation is I was not yet approved for modification from citi but days away when they sold my loan. Now while I am trying to do the hamp all over again with BSI it seems impossible as no one talks to you
  7. Evan Bedard

Hey teshiachris,

Unfortunately, it does not seem that BSI participate in any of the MHA programs according to their website. You will have to work on a regular in-house loan modification which provides almost the same assistance as HAMP.

Contact Your Mortgage Company
  8. Evan Bedard

Welcome and thanks for joining the community Vigil.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife and my prayers go out to you and your family! Did you already go through the three month trial period and the first permanent modification payment is due on June 1st? Or were you scheduled to begin the trial period on June 1st?
  9. teshiachris

They have a HAMP unit. That's who i have been trying to deal with......the website is so basic doesnt say much at all. But they do have a hamp unit albeit quite useless of one.
  10. Evan Bedard

Well if they have a HAMP department they must participate in the program and unfortunately the beginning of this process can be the most grueling for many who apply for a modification. You can always contact a non-profit like HOPE or NACA to help you with the process and they may be able to get your application submitted in a more timely fashion.