Home Loans and Support

Brown Door Hanging Notice...

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by UnderwaterOwner, May 21, 2010.

1. UnderwaterOwner

UnderwaterOwner LoanSafe Member

We are almost 2 months behind now. Today someone left a brown hanging notice on our door knob. It simple said (handwritten) that is was from Chase and that we needed to call this 866 number "today" and "be ready with your account number".

Question: Has this happened to anyone else? Is this really Chase? Difficulut to believe they would send someone directly to the house and we're only about 50 days past due.
  2. litehouse01

litehouse01 LoanSafe Member

Seems very odd to me....with only 50 days late...have you called the number they left if so what did they say? Is this their attempt to see if you quailify for a modification perhaps? Let us know what happens..this is the first I have heard of this but nothing really surprizes me with Chase......
  3. LostVegas

LostVegas LoanSafe Member

It is Chase. Back last year when we cared about the loan and were trying to perserve the house and work things out, we'd receive them. It's square with a cutout for the doorknob and says to call about account, looks cryptic as there is no mention of CHASE on the actualy thing. I've called and it was really CHASE. One time we were having a community yard sale and there were cars parked everywhere and people milling about, a guy walked up and handed one to me. A$$hole, right in front of everyone. I think we got them because when we realized the mod wasn't going to happen, we stopped taking calls and stopped communicating with them. They drop it off and make sure the house is still occupied. Interesting job, wonder who they get to do it?
  4. CA_NA

CA_NA LoanSafe Member

I have read on this forum that it is to verify that the home is occupied. Maybe someone else on here can confirm.
  5. wizzy26

wizzy26 LoanSafe Member

does your house have a lot of equity? could be why they want to move quickly to take it.
  6. Elora123

Elora123 LoanSafe Member

I am with Citi. We have had three of these tan envelopes in the past three months. They are to verify that the house is still occupied and ours asks us to call the lender and then says HOPE at the bottom and gives another number. I know it is probably a coincidence, but after we got the 2nd door hanger our 2nd mortgage got modded a week later. Waiting on my first and just received the new envelope????<><
  7. UnderwaterOwner

Equity? What is that? Our first is $260,000.00. Our second is $65,000.00. Current value is approx. $210,000.00.

If we were any more underwater, we could probably reach that oil leak in the gulf and make repairs ourselves :)
  8. LostVegas

LostVegas LoanSafe Member

That was a funny question :D
    I guess they missed your name..........UnderwaterOwner
  9. SurfwhenUcan

SurfwhenUcan LoanSafe Member

Well, UWO, it looks like you're ahead of the pack in Coming To Your Senses (which is an industry term). Being overwhelmingly underwater on negative equity is the main reason 40 - 60% of mods re-default within a year - people Come To Their Senses and realize they're just , but obviously not before they have aged themselves 20 years with anxiety, frustration and despair.

I think this is a reason too that the lenders draw out the mod process so long before denying, used to be they'd tell people right out of the gates to 1) pound sand and 2) pay up or else. Then people made the decision you're making much sooner. The banks got wise evidently.
  10. UnderwaterOwner

We will be offically 3 month behind on both the 1st and 2nd on the 10th of June. Everything I've read (here and other places) seems to indicate I wouldn't even get thier attention until we were 3 month behind. I will have the mod application paperwork ready to fax on the 11th. Then I'll play the waiting game. I already know we'll be denied HAMP due to our income, but it is the in-house mod that I'm looking for. If CHASE wants to give me a 30 year fixed rate at around 5%, I'll stay and wait until we regain the equity. We can do that because we're both working and can afford it. If they don't want to work with us on an in-house mod, then we'll try the short sale option. If they won't let that happen, then they can kiss my ass and come get it.
  11. SurfwhenUcan

SurfwhenUcan LoanSafe Member

They'll look at you once your 60 +, which you are. I would mail it a little sooner and remember, it takes 72 hours for Chase to upload files onto your loan.
  12. StressedAZ

StressedAZ LoanSafe Member

I actually got one of these at about 75 days late, called the number, they said it was the foreclosure dept, and that whoever left that on my door, wrote down the wrong number on the hanging..brilliant eh?