Home Loans and Support

Been trying to get loan mod from BoA, now fighting foreclosure. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Stop Foreclosure and Tell Us Your Story' started by ConfusedInMich, Jun 8, 2011.

1. ConfusedInMich

ConfusedInMich LoanSafe Member

First off, thanks for the great site! I have been just going through the forums picking up great ideas! However, I wanted to ask some advice, as I am in a strange position with Bank of America. I'll try to keep this breif and still provide details.

I have a BoA home loan (formerly Countrywide). I applied for a loan mod last year. I was set several FedEx packages with different rates and such within a 2 day period. I was tolf by the rep on the phone to choose one, fill it out and set it in and then wait for it to be approved. I was told not to send any money in (several reps have told me this) until I was approved. Every time I have called, I was told I was still under review and to wait until I heard I as approved and not send anything in.

My last call, I was told I was still under review. Pressing the issue with the rep led to her getting a supervisor and putting me on hold for about 20 minutes. When she came back, I was told that not only had I been approved, I was being foreclosed upon! I asked why I have been repeatedly told (even by her) that I was under review; she told me that the notes on my account contradict each other and she needed a manager to straighten it out. I could not get her to eloborate or even explain why I was not contacted for missing a payment (or any reason).

Also, I have received the note from the attorney's office regarding the sale; interestingly, it lists me and my wife as the owners. However, I am not, nor have I ever been married. They list my girlfriend as my wife, but we have never claimed we were married, nor does she have any ownship of my home and is not on any of the paperwork.

I'm trying to untangle this mess, but don't know where to begin. I am considering contacting the state's Attorney General, but past that, I'm not sure (as it all seems to be a paperwork snafu).

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

Hi ConfusedInMich,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for joining.............

It would seem that even if the paperwork were to be corrected, the property itself would still be in foreclosure which would need to be delayed so that you can get that in order. It also sounds like you are getting the proverbial runaround that BofA is famous for, in order to get the information on the modification, you may want to contact the Office of the President to get some answers.

Executive Office:
    1-704-386-5687