Home Loans and Support

Bank of America Loss Mitigation

Discussion in 'Bank of America Mortgage Help' started by mec1414, Mar 15, 2010.

1. mec1414

mec1414 Banned

I have been trying to work out a Forebearance with Bank of America since Jan.11, 2010. I have spoken to over 29 people and faxed my package 3 times, I was notified on Friday that my loan will be handled by Scott Goldsberry at 972-498-6296. Has anyone worked with Scott and what can I expect now.

Here's a brief history,in August 2009, my wife and child werein a bad auto accident, and as a result of numerious hospitalizations no payments were made on our mortgage. We are 6 1/2 years into a 10 year mortage and prior to August had never missed or been late with apaymnet.

Are we doing the right thing? We have never been notified by BOA about the arrears, but as soon as I realized that my wife wasn't making payments I notified them. Our mothly paymnet is $3800.00, and we do not have the 6 momths arrears available.

Any advise would be helpful. Thanks​
  2. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

Welcome to LoanSafe!

I am so sorry to hear about you unfortunate set of circumstances, but it appears you are on the right track. You are doing the right thing by contacting them and getting the ball rolling. This is one of the most difficult steps.

This will be a long process sir. One that may take from 6 months to a year plus. So, you need to be mentally prepared for this. Don't expect quick fixes since this crisis is affecting millions just like you.

If you have the ability to pay, they will most likely help you. But only if you keep fighting and don't give up. That 29 calls you have made will be in the hundreds when you are done.

You seem tough. Use that toughness to get through this and be there for your wife and child mentally.

There is only so much you can do and your are doing it. Keep it up. If you have issues dealing with Bank of America, maybe you can contact a non-profit like www.995hope.org, 888-995-hope or www.NACA.com to help you through the process.

I wish you the best and please feel free to join other homeowner discussions.