Home Loans and Support

Anyone using an attorney to modify? Haffar & assoc?

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by GonnaMakeIt, Apr 21, 2010.

1. GonnaMakeIt

GonnaMakeIt LoanSafe Member

I have been trying to get modified for over 2 years. I went into a 3 month trial HAMP with the 1st payment in Dec, 2009, the 3rd was Feb, 2010. We were with Wilshire, who sold to BAC just after our 3rd payment. We are coming up on our 6th month and still nothing concrete or secure, and even worse, BAC seems to have no information regarding my mod or my status. They did say they are honoring all mods that Wilshire initiated.
    I am considering an agency to help us. Has anyone done this and has anyone heard of Haffar & Assoc/AJ Wiggins? He says my trial payments are about $400 more than what they should be based on our income.
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

So does BofA state you are still on the trial period? I'm sorry I have not heard of this lawyer and cannot seem to find information on him. What did he say he can do about your payment being higher than it should?
  3. Againsttheodds

Againsttheodds LoanSafe Member

Nope. I use this site and my own time to help me get our 1st Modified. No need to pay some "lawyers or business" to do things I can do myself and with great success.