Home Loans and Support

Anyone heard of Amerihope?

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by denny566, Oct 19, 2009.

1. denny566

denny566 LoanSafe Member

Does anyone have anything to say about Amerihope from Florida?
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Hi denny566 welcome and thank you for joining.

I have not heard of Amerihope. They are probably just another loan modification company. Have you already tried to get a loan modification on your own?
  3. scarletofyre

scarletofyre LoanSafe Member

I have heard of Amerihope! Run away! Run away!
    They also run ads in WA State...I called them for a preliminary interview--they wanted $4000.00 up front. I explained to them that if I had $4000--I would just pay my mortgage. The sales rep told me that they had to charge that much because they had national advertising and were affilliated with Gunthey/Ryker (info-mercials). I said "thats nice--cant afford ya-bye."
    The same sales rep called the next day to say that she procured a "special deal" for me--$2000 now and $2000 when the process started. Again "no thanks." On the third day, the same sales rep called to say that unless I "partnered" with them, I would surely loose my house--especially because they "knew how to write a hardship letter". I reminded her that we had determined on the first day that their services were not affordable to me at this time. They began cold calling periodically (different sales people) I ask them what they can do that they think I can not....answer: "We know how to write a hardship letter..." scammy!!
  4. Evan Bedard

Thank you very much Scarletofrye. Yes it looks like they do not even have an attorney. There are so many scam mod companies out there please be aware of them!
  5. denny566

denny566 LoanSafe Member

Thank you Evan for posting a reply to my question "Anyone heard of AmeriHope?"
    Please look at this link then go to "read customer reviews" and tell me what
    you think,ok?
  6. Evan Bedard

They may be a legit company.. But have you tried to do a modification on your own?
  7. denny566

denny566 LoanSafe Member

No I have not.By the way here is the link I forgot http://www.bbbsoutheastflorida.org/Business-Report/Amerihope-Alliance-92010431

They want $950.00 to take on my modification with BofA. They hold our second mortgage which was previously with Countrywide. I have a balance of
    $152,000.00. I hold a fixed rate of 5.875%. Our first is an adjustable the adjust every three years and is currently at 5.75% with a balance owed of
    $226,000.00 for a total mortgage of $378,000.00 . We have at least 3 homes in our neighborhood here in Santa Rosa,Ca. that are bank owned...our current value is about $200,000.00!!

We both work full time still but I have had a reduction in hours and my wife
    employer will begin mandatory time off.