Home Loans and Support

Anyone have housingeducation.net contact them - initiated by Freddie Mac?

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by ddtforu, Oct 6, 2010.

1. ddtforu

ddtforu LoanSafe Member

Just curious, I was called by this organization and was told that the contact was initiated by Freddie Mac for people with FM backed loans that "they are not in touch with". I specifically asked who initiated the contact, and they said that FM had them get in touch with me to go over options.

Basically they did a budget meeting with me and are sending me a packet, and they want me to submit my documents directly to them and they will submit to chase. Didn't find anything on this forum about them, so I was curious if anyone else has been contacted by them that has a FM backed loan? I want to go through them if they are truly tied with FM, as it may help in getting my mod approved the second time around(since apparently losing about 40% of your income, and having your expenses increase by about 35% is not considered a hardship by chase) if they can also work with FM.
  2. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

Personally I have never heard of this website or company. I would think we would have heard something about it or at least Freddie Mac would have reported on it.. But I'm very curious about this. Please do not send anyone your financial information unless you verify they are legitimate. Try contacting Freddie Mac to inquire about this and please let us know what they have to say. This could benefit many if it is truly a company designed specially for Freddie customers..
  3. Moe

Moe Call 1-800-779-4547 Staff Member Loan Safe Mortgage

It looks like they are a non-profit, Housing Education Program, A Division of Consumer Credit Counseling Service of San Francisco
    595 Market Street (at Second Street), 15th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. But I like Evan, have not heard of this organization. Maybe someone else will chime in here with some more help. However, it seems to be safe to deal with them based on the website and their claims.
  4. lemmeassist

lemmeassist LoanSafe Member

They are totally safe. If you submit docs to them, they will send your info to the Home Ownership Preservation Office (HPO) in Chase. This office will be your liason between the Non Profit and Chase. Just remember, eventually, you will be dealing with HPO and not the NP group. You will be spoken to as a human in this office, and YOU WILL BE SPEAKING WITH SOMEONE STATESIDE WHO SPEAKS ENGLISH!
  5. NegateEquity

NegateEquity LoanSafe Member

I just had an unsolicited phone call from this organization. The women on the phone was very friendly. I have an appointment with a councilor in 25 minutes, I'll let you know how it goes.

ddtforu, can you update us on your experience?
  6. emerge

emerge LoanSafe Member

I just used them...I have Freddie Mac and they called me and said that they were told by FM to call me. I set up an over the phone interview with them and we went over all my income/bills ect and then they sent me a packet with all my numbers entered. They also help me come up with a better hardship letter and told me tips on things I needed like a contribution letter from my wife. I faxed back the packet to them with all the info requested and then they sent it over to chase. Thats about all they do though. They told me to follow up with chase in a week or two which I will probably call today to find out whats going on. Chase has all the info just waiting to hear from them. This is my fourth time applying so we'll see if HUD helps at all. (and yes the speaking english part is great!)

Cheers!
  7. hazelgreen

hazelgreen LoanSafe Member

Hi - reviving this thread - - wondering what happened with them. They have recently contacted me as well. I have just started the loan mod process with WF myself, but am wondering if it's better to have them be involved? Did they help you at all?
  8. NegateEquity

NegateEquity LoanSafe Member

hazelgreen,They helped me get my HAMP mod through WF. In fact, I doubt I would have gotten it without their help.