Home Loans and Support

Anyone get loan modification from CitiMortgage?

Discussion in 'Loan Modification' started by CMI2010, Apr 29, 2010.

1. CMI2010

CMI2010 LoanSafe Member

Hi,

Would you mind sharing if you have gotten loan modification from CitiMortgage? (in-house or Obama HAMP)

If you do, how long does it take and is there a forbearance before getting into program?
  2. Elora123

Elora123 LoanSafe Member

I had my 2nd mortgage modified in March of this year with Citi. I am now close to having my 1st done....I hope. The 2nd mortgage took slightly over 4 months and yes I was in forbearnace during those months. The first mortgage also Citi started a forbearance in November 09 is in the closing department right now. By-the-way, both were Fannie Mae. I went through NACA for my first only because my paper-work kept getting lost...started originally March 09 wnet NACA 7/09.<><
  3. CMI2010

CMI2010 LoanSafe Member

Thank you for the response.
    Yes, I also as Fannie Mae as the investor and CitiMortgage as the lender.
    And yes, lender ask me to go through for forbearance plan.

I saw NACA event online. It mentioned that loan mod. done on the spot.
    Do you think I need to go to NACA first instead of forbearance???

Thanks in advance.
  4. Evan Bedard

Evan Bedard Call 1-800-779-4547 Loan Safe Mortgage

If you read around the people who have gotten on a forbearance plan have not been offered a permanent modification after the forbearance is complete. It seems the only purpose of this is to stall time in hopes your income will increase. NACA can help you process your modification request but it is never guaranteed you will achieve a modification. We have seen a few people get a loan mod on the spot at the NACA events, but that is rare. The NACA event is a good way to get the process started especially if you are having difficulties on your own.
  5. CMI2010

CMI2010 LoanSafe Member

Thanks for the feedback.
    If I go to the NACA event, will they help to get the modification started without forbearance plan??? (although there is not guarantee)

I went to one counselor from local "Neighorhood Housing Services" and documents have been submitted. I am being offered 6-months forbearance plan that I decide not to take it now.