Home Loans and Support

1-800-848-9380?

Discussion in 'Chase Mortgage - Tell Us Your Chase Story' started by njgrl, Aug 30, 2011.

1. njgrl

njgrl LoanSafe Member

This is the number that CONSTANTLY calls me. I get conflicting reports as to whether this is really Chase, or just an outsourced company hired by Chase to make calls or a scam altogether? Anyone?
  2. Cat Damiano

Cat Damiano Mortgage Wars

That is definitely Chase, it is their collections dept. from their Ohio location.

Chase Home Finance
    3415 Vision Drive
    Columbus, OH 43219-6009
    1-800-848-9380
  3. LostRM

LostRM LoanSafe Member

This is a chase number, but it depends on what stage your loan is at. If you are applying for a modification the phone number will route to a relationship manager once they put there contact info on your loan and remove the collection calls option. How ever if you arn't in a modification it will be collections. When you call back once you put the ssn or loan number it the IVR will route you accordingly.
  4. kriptik

kriptik LoanSafe Member

I get calls all the time to. Be prepared to answer the same exact questions over and over again. I don't waste my time anymore.
  5. TomEason

TomEason LoanSafe Guide Staff Member

njgirl

Thanks for your post. I agree that it's definitely Chase, as I have a Chase loan and recognize that number as the one that their collection reps call from; and those guys/gals always leave a 6 digit extension in their call back info.

Anyone with a six digit extension is low on the totem poll.

If a loan mod is under active review, it is assigned to a relationship manager. RMs have four digit extensions, as well as the use of email, a significant difference. Email eliminates the irritating phone tag scenario.
  6. LoanModHelpCenter.com

LoanModHelpCenter.com Michael Nazarinia Loan Workout Expert 877-747-2969

If your in the modification process, its a good idea to answer the phone whenever the bank calls. One of the most common reasons for denial is: missing docs, "well we called the homeowner and could not reach them, so we cancelled the modification". Dont let that happen to you. The collection department does not have usefull information about the modification, so if you are going to get an update, make sure you talk to the correct department like loss mitigation.
    Its always a good idea to always write down the name of the representative you spoke with, and their id number and call center.
    How late are you on the mortgage?
  7. kriptik

kriptik LoanSafe Member

I get calls literally 1 day apart asking for the same exact information. There used to be a automated message to call the # back or sometimes a real person. I sent them a cease and dissist(worthless) that lasted about two weeks. the calls started again. Now I'm gwtting calls (automated, with no messages of course) after 8pm Pacific time. Games games games.

question to Bruno: What's the point of writing down the Rep name when he/she is just a monkey who doesn't know what's going on anyway? who has ever talked to the same Rep twice?

I might ad, I'm not doing a mod and when I did speak to a rep, they started the conversation with "this is an attempt to collect a debt.
  8. LoanModHelpCenter.com

LoanModHelpCenter.com Michael Nazarinia Loan Workout Expert 877-747-2969

No, you never have the opportunity to talk to the same monkey twice. But for a modification, for instance, you create a record of accountability. When you are escalating the modification, it may become usefull later down the road. You are not pursuing a mod though, so I guess this is irrelevant. It's a good practice nonetheless.