I'm wondering if you guys can help me. I've been lurking reading and absorbing but I have to speak up now b/c I'm scared. BofA sent my servicing to Nationstar July 1 in the middle of a mod application. The file was complete and going to underwriting. I wish I had known that I could have had them hold on to it to make a decision before sending it. I have been going thru hell w/ NS. I wasted several weeks in July b/c they claim they didn't have my info to speak to me. Despite the fact that my file was complete, they made me resubmit all kinds of documents to have them under NS heading for their paperwork. I sent everything they asked for within a day of asking.
My situation is this: my husband and I were both in a serious car accident. We both had injuries, surgeries and at least a year and a half in rehab. We both worked but I lost my job. My husband went back to work for someone else after being his own boss but at reduced hours. We applied for forebearance got it until BofA decided that they didn't want to receive partial payments anymore. We had ARM that went up to 10.75% so the payment was killing us w/ one salary/ BofA stalled us for 2y w/ the usual lost paperwork, expired paperwork b/c it's past 90 days and my favorite your SPOC has been changed and you have to work w/ a new person who can't make decisions based on someone else's work and wants you to renew everything all over again. A nightmare!
Anyway, just when we thought the end was near, they changed servicer to NS. The whole dance starts all over again and added to the pot is the letter of sale date that's sent to us despite their reassurance that w/ a file in review no foreclosure sale will take place. THEY LIED b/c our house went into trustee sale Sept. Throughout the weeks before I kept calling people and explaining the urgency to them. They promised to "expedite" and "accelerate" review. I find out that the file was set aside b/c a LOE for our self-employed taxes saying that we closed our business was overlooked. My husband was the owner/only worker so we couldn't stay open waiting indefinitely while we were recuperating. My husband was the most hurt. That letter has been in the file since day one. And even the rep said "oh I don't know how they missed that. I'll express it for review b/c it was our mistake".
Well, I'm thinking they're still on my side so when the rep I spoke to wanted a fresh recent paystub just to be sure, I sent it. Lo and behold, that one piece of paper cause the date on my RMA to reset to the day I sent it so that it was recorded that my file wasn't complete 6 days before the proposed sale date and b/c of that it violated their rule to have all files complete for review 15 days before a sale date in order to stop the sale.
Had anyone made me aware of that I would have told the guy to make do w/ the 3 months paystubs he already had in his possession b/c nothing has changed w/ the amount. I kept my fingers crossed that compassion, kindness, common sense would prevail b/c everything was there and even my HOPE counselor said we were good candidates for the mod. Even the amount proposed was going to be a tremendous help. My mortgage would go from 4K to 2.3K which would have been a real blessing. Economy lost me the equity in my house, savings are exhausted w/ medical bills and 3 kids one in college and now they took my house.
I used all the numbers and emails that you all gave out here to send letters to the office of the president, loss mitigation managers, CFPB, HOPE to see if the trustee sale can be reversed. I'm losing hope b/c I get a letter today from a real estate agent telling me that I have til the end of october to move. On top of that I also get a letter of official denial for mod b/c of the "missing" financial letter....the letter THEY overlooked. I don't know what to do.