I know I saw somewhere how to answer a foreclosure notice but cannot find it now. I just received via certified mail from Seneca Trustees, Inc. a foreclosure notice. It reads as follows:
We have been instructed to initiate foreclosure proceedings to foreclose on the mortgage on our property. The following information is provided to you as required by the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act:
1. The service has advised us tha the amout of the debt is $214,667.76
2. The creditor to whom the debt is owed is GMAC Mortgage, LLC.
3. Unless you, within thirty days after receipt of this notice, dispute the validity of the debt or any portion thereof, we will assume the debt is valid.
4. If you notify us in writing within the thirty-day period tha the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, we will obtain verification of the debt or a copy of the judgement against you and mail a copy of such verification or judgment to you.
5. Upon written request within the thirty-day period we will provide you with the name and adress of the original creditor, if different from the current creditor.
Not sure on how to answer these questions. I do have a letter from GMAC stating that we were approved for a Work Out Plan, which was then resicinded due to something to due with WV law. I was planning on sending a copy of the approval letter to the Trustees, but need to know how to answer the 5 questions above.