Here's the situation. Previous primary home, now considered an investment property (rental) in CA. Stopped payments in September of 2011, received Notice of Default March 2012, Just received Notice of Sale with a date of 07-27-12. House is of course badly upside down.
Looking for ideas to stall or postpone the sale date so I can collect some more rent until it ultimately forecloses.
I DO NOT WANT TO FILE BANKRUPTCY.
I have already been through all the particulars of the loan and risks of foreclosure and all that.
All I am looking for here are tactics to stall the sale date.
I have sent a letter to the bank complaining about the servicer, who has pulled the usual tactics of losing paperwork, claiming the file was complete and then it's not, and so on. I have been in the HAMP MOD process for months. My lender will not discuss anything else until the HAMP process is complete (no in house mod discussion, no discussion of deed in lieu or short sale, nothing until the HAMP process is over and they keep delaying it).
So I complained to the bank and asked them to intervene and postpone the sale.
I also seen the info on to my investor FREDDIE MAC, complaining that the servicer has not followed standards set forth by FREDDIE MAC for the servicing of the loan.
I Called the servicer repeatedly today to request a postponement. I have a form ready to go that will allegedly complete my HAMP pack that will be sent back to the servicer.
I am wondering if I should send them a written request with that document requesting that the sale date be postponed due to the many errors they have made and their non compliance with FREDDIC MAC servicing practices.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.