Hi- First of all, I am so appreciative of this forum! It has popped up numerous times in my searches over the past week and reading here has been extremely helpful. Thanks for Moe for starting it an all who participate here!!
I have been reading and still am not exactly sure where to proceed. My story:
Recently completed HAMP trial, all three payments. Loan was serviced by E-Trade, received notification middle of June that they could not provide permanent modification because of issues with the title. At the time, it was in my trust, and they said that was a problem. I changed the title and send them a copy of the quitclaim deed this week. (Side note, I'm not sure at this point that the title thing IS a genuine problem, but that is the excuse they gave.)
Meanwhile, I received a notice of default and foreclosure date set for August 6.
And I received notice that my loan will be serviced by OCWEN as of July 2. I was on the phone all week with E-Trade to see if they could get that permanent modification before Friday. They did not. I did have to fax the quitclaim deed twice because they at first said they had it, then said they didn't, only the cover sheet, so that chewed up a whole business day. When I only had 5 business days notice of the changing of the servicer.
Right before close of business on Friday, I confirmed that the status of my HAMP is "pending" and asked for that in writing. I received an e-mail to that effect within about 3 minutes of my making that request.
I spoke with someone at OCWEN and they said if the loan modification status is pending, then they will send out final paperwork as soon as the loan transfers over and they take a look at it.
I need to give them three days for everything to transfer over, and Wednesday is a holiday.
Foreclosure date is August 6, and while in theory that is plenty of time for them to process the permanent modification, I want to be prepared in the event that their plan is to string me along as well and then proceed with foreclosure.
It seems that the next step for me (other than daily-at least- hounding of OCWEN this coming week) is to delay or stop that foreclosure date. I do not know how to do that. I've seen the steps outlined here in this forum, but I couldn't tell if the steps were specifically to a particular lender or not.
Loan is Fannie Mae. Oh, and bankruptcy chapter 7 discharged 3/12/12. HAMP trial mod approved end of February, 3 payments were due 4/1, 5/1, and 6/1.
Should I be making a payment, as there would have been one due 7/1?
Thanks in advance! If you can point me to threads or give thread titles, I will happily search for them!
I live in California.