Need help and advice. My wife and I got a few months late on our mortgage just about 3 months. We have a daughter with cerebral palsy and medical bills had stacked up and forced our hand a little bit. Suntrust refused to accept our partial payments and we finally contacted our loan counselor about 3-4 weeks ago. After reviewing how to apply for a loan mod and asking specifically if we were in danger of foreclosure (in which the rep said we were not in immediate danger of) we actually managed to come up with the money to pay up to current without loan mods. This week we called to do so through the 3rd party working on Suntrust's behalf and they told us we were now in active foreclosure but no sale date had been set. I was told again that once they find out what we owe in total (plus attorney's fees) we could pay up to date and get our loan reinstated but our rep is waiting to hear from the attorneys. I am VERY afraid that they are going to try and sell our home beneath us and need some assurance we can either get a mod or just pay to current seeing as we are finally able to do that. PLEASE let me know if there is a channel through Suntrust we can pursue or if I need legal help or how to move forward. We have two young daughters and really want to keep our home. Thanks for your help!