So we just got served today of our impending judgment (Lis Pendends). We have 20 days to respond but we don't want to get Lawyers involved too - I mean the banks are evil enough, do we really want to throw sharks in the water too?
So my question is, should we just not respond and let the process begin? We don't have any good reasons that we should be able to keep the house (such as waiting on loan mods, etc). We simply stopped paying the mortage (5 months ago) because we're over a $100k under water and tried to sell the house for 2 years.
Does anyone think getting a real estate attorney involved just to delay the process would be worth the extra costs so we can stay in the house longer. My thinking is that even if we don't, we're probably still good to be in the house another 6 months or longer because of the backlog in the courts of Florida.
Has anyone here gone through a foreclosure in Florida in the past year?