Sorry all, I know it has been a long time since I posted to update all of you on my situation and yes . . I am still right there will all of you still caught in the AHMSI nightmare. If you are new to these posts I urge anyone dealing with AHMSI to remember one thing "they are a debt collection co. and will stop at nothing to obtain as much money out of you as they can through their fradulant practices, misguided representatives, etc while still taking our government's money. But you can prevail over them, it's all how you play the game and realize their game.
That being said, till this date AHMSI has not decided to try and forclose on me again yet due to their first case being dismissed in Cook County, IL foreclosure court due to lack of legal standing - "no note". In the meantime, my husband and I decided that we truly wanted to get on with our lives so we decided to try a short sale. We listed the house at 330K and second person who walked through offered 300K which we presented to AHMSI. It only took them one week to get back to us (go figure, can't foreclose - no note). 300K sounded good to them but hear's the kicker they wanted us to sign a promissory note for 50K. Yup, told them to kiss my Irish "......" and that they could go right ahead and try to file the foreclosure as I have a wonderful atty on retainer who will fight them tooth and nail with no note and who would also promise to drag it out for some time . . . . and that also in a last case scenario you can be sure that in the event their foreclosure is about to go through that I will happily be filing my Chapter 7 in a timely manner before they have a chance to get the foreclosure entered to cover against these bottomfeeders coming after me in the future.
My reasons for not signing a promissory note with them are the following: If I signed this I would be trapped with these bottomfeeders for ten more years, the amount they wanted was no better than their reinstatement plan which was a complete joke and, should I sign their note, pay it for a while and then decide to file a chapter 7 it would be not even considered for the amount as I have no other debt out there other than my mortgage.
Hope this makes sense, I urge all of you to be very carefull when making any deals with this company and to absolutely have an attorney review everything. Hope this helped some of you who are new.
My current plans are to put the house back up for short sale listed at 350K and not budging. If I get a bite and we go down the promissory path again I will have my attorney shove the lack of note in their face as a wager to seal the deal without a promissory note. A kind of take it or leave it shall we say. In the meantime . . just let them try and foreclose with no note they will only be waisting their own money on attys courttime etc.. In any event I can assure all of you that this is one "debt collection servicing co. that will not see another dime out of me".