First I would like to say I was behind on my mortgage by 2 months. I contacted MHA at their Hope hotline, and through them they contacted green tree on trying to modify my loan. In a conference call between my wife, the hud counselor and Green Tree was told that they would help immediatly as soon as the faxed information came in. No sooner than they got off the phone, green tree was calling wanting to speak to me and not my wife. They had given my wife and the hud counselor a number and an extension to confirm they had gotten the faxed imformation after 42 hours. We waited 42 hours and called, needless to say the number was a fake. It took us to the same voicemail setup no matter what extension we called... After that, I decided to call the number that they call to try to collect from. This number let us put in an extension and connected us to the lady in the conference call. She was not available and I left her countless voicemails to confirm that she got the faxed information.
Almost 4 days later we received a call from a man from a company called Money Management International, who said he would be advising us now and we had to sign and fax a third party form to Green Tree, which we did. He later called and said that the "escalation" had timed out and that we would have to start over. We then received a packet from Green Tree, with pretty much the same MHA paper work but with Green Tree written all over it. He called us and told us that we needed to fax them that back, along with our marriage certificate (we were not married when we bought this house together) and he said he would be back in touch with us soon. That was last week.
We had recently also recieved a "Notice of Default and Right to Cure Default" on 7/13/2012. Where it says I have the right to correct default ($1,439.61 2 months payment) within thirty days. Needless to say last week I sent a payment of $740.38. Today I recieved a NOTICE OF PARTIAL PAYMENT, and it says they have started to take necessary steps required by law to gain possession of the creditor's collateral. It says I have 30 days from the original notice of default to pay the remaining $699.23.
I am at a loss on what i should do. If anyone has any advice on what I should do here, it would be much appreciated.