Strategic Default in WA state (sort of, I maybe could have made the mortgage payments if I gave up food )
Sold at auction 6/8/12 after 13 months of missed payments.
First Loan: Ocwen Second: BofA
A pleasant man (really, no sarcasm) came to my door on Monday 6/11/12. He gave me a door hangar from Altisource that says to call them to see if I qualify for Cash for Keys. He also gave me a flyer from a local Contractor, Jeff F, that says he works for the bank and its his job to negotiate a vacate date to avoid the eviction process. The man said he worked for Jeff and I should call him.
I called Altisource first. They said they didn't have authorization for CFK for my property in their system, call back in 2 weeks. I gave them my phone number. Called Jeff, told him about my call to Altisource. He also said call them in 2 weeks. I can't find any other posts on the net about Altisource delaying like that.
I received a letter from Deustche Bank informing me of the sale and referring to the WA state law that gives them right to legal possession after 20 days on June 28th.
I called Altisource again today, they again said call back in 2 weeks. So waiting two weeks means the discussion will take place on June 28th. Is there a chance I will be served a three day notice on June 28th and be locked out after those three days or would they need to go through a longer eviction process through the court? The CFK money would be great, but more importantly, I need as much more time as I can get. I've seen discussion about the eviction process in regard to CA. Is it the same for WA?