Many people are completely unaware that there are currently over 800 FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) concentration or internment camps that are fully functional here in the U.S.
(Army's Own Website)
Civilian Inmate Labor Program (PDF)
Bill Clinton is asked about Concentration camps in the USA, he doesn't deny them, but laughs and says "we need to work together" etc
This is not a conspiracy theory, but a proven fact that has been well established in the independent media and on the internet via government documents and executive orders like REX 84 and Operation Garden Plot.
Since WWII, the U.S. government has had plans in case for a large scale disaster or attack. During the last twenty-five years-- since the height of the Vietnam War and the civil unrest that uncampained it, the government figured that they better be ready is case of a potential revolutrion or massive civil unrest.
On October 30, 1969 President Richard Nixon issued Executive Order 11490, "Assigning Emergency Preparedness Functions to Federal Departments and Agencies," which consolidated 21 Executive Orders and two Defense Mobilization Orders issued between 1951 and 1966 on a variety of emergency preparedness matters.
Operation Garden Plot is a general U.S. Army and National Guard plan to respond to major domestic civil disturbances within the United States. The plan was developed in response to the civil disorders of the 1960s and is now under the control of the U.S. Northern Command (NORTHCOM). It provides Federal military and law enforcement assistance to local governments during times of major civil disturbances.
Garden Plot was last activated (as Noble Eagle) to provide military assistance to civil authorities following the September 11, 2001 attacks on the United States. The Pentagon also activated it to restore order during the 1992 Los Angeles Riots.
Under Homeland Security restructuring, it has been suggested that similar models be followed.
"Oversight of these homeland security missions should be provided by the National Guard Bureau based on the long-standing Garden Plot model in which National Guard units are trained and equipped to support civil authorities in crowd control and civil disturbance missions." Testimony of Major General Richard C. Alexander, ANGUS (Ret.), Executive Director, National Guard Association of the United States, Senate Appropriations Committee Hearing on Homeland Defense, April 11, 2002
Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, is a plan by theUnited States federal government to test their ability to detain large numbers of refugees or American citizens in case of civil unrest or national emergency.
In 1976 President Gerald Ford ordered the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency (FEPA) to develop plans to establish government control of the mechanisms of productions and distribution of energy sources, wages and salaries, credit and the flow of money in American financial institutions in any (heretofore undefined) "national emergency."
This Executive Order (EO 11921) also indicated that, when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress could not review the matter for a period of six months.
Many changes took place during the Reagan regime that many people are unaware of. During this time, the American people were placed under presidential directive where the President with a storke of a pen could revoke the constitution and invoke Martial Law in the case of natural disasters, nuclear war, a massive mobilization in anticipation of an enemy attack on U.S. territory, or domestic civil unrest.
Executive Orders associated with FEMA that would suspend the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
- Global Security
- "U.S. Can Confine Citizens Without Charges, Court Rules," Jerry Markon, Washington Post, September 10, 2005; Page A01
- "Reagan Aides and the 'Secret' Government," Alfonso Chardy, Miami Herald, July 5, 1987. Also available as photoscans in PDF format here.
- "Martial Law Concerns," Congressman Jim McDermott, House of Representatives, March 11, 2003
- Information about Operation Garden Plot, the larger operation of which Rex 84 was a part
- "Foundations are in place for martial law in the US," Ritt Goldstein, Sydney Morning Herald, July 27, 2002
- "The Model State Emergency Health Powers Act: An Assault on Civil Liberties in the Name of Homeland Security," Sue Blevins, Heritage Foundation Lecture #748, June 10, 2002
- "325,000 Names on Terrorism List, Rights Groups Say Database May Include Innocent People," Walter Pincus and Dan Eggen, The Washington Post, Wednesday, February 15, 2006; Page A01
- Chip Berlet, Right Woos Left, Discussion of Rex 84 conspiracy theories.
- The Rise of the National Security State: FEMA and the NSC
- Garden Plot & Rex 84