I have a 2nd with Citi mortgage, owe $234,000 on my 1st and another $30,000 on our 2nd with Citi , we have been trying since March to get a loan mod with the 1st and have decided to just file chapter 13 to make sure we can keep our home. Home is probably worth a little over $200,000 so the 2nd with citi my get wiped out any ways. Do I even need to let Citi know that we will be doing chapter 13 BK. Got their letter of default at the begining of the month and they wanted all kinds of money today( Oct 3oth) that I did not pay. I keep getting calls from them and't don't know if I should answer them or just wait and let the lawyer deal with them when we file??? We are 3 months behind on the 1st and a little over 2 months behind on the 2nd. Thanks for any feed back!