This is my first time posting. I have a first & second loan with CitiMortgage. It's an FHA loan. I owe $150k on the first loan, and $5k on the second loan. My home is currently worth around $55k. After filling out modification paperwork 3 times, and asking for DIU paperwork & never receiving it, I decided to let my home foreclose. My last payment was January 2011. The notice of default was filed 6/24/11. On my paperwork, it has a number to call to check foreclosure status. Last time I called they said they can't set an auction date for 90 days after the NOD was filed, so that would be 9/24/11, and she was estimating the auction would be set for mid October. I plan on calling tomorrow (9/26/11) to see if they've set a date but I'm nervous they'll hold off. I want out of here! I have drug dealers 2 doors down and do not feel safe in my own home. I was advised by a credit counselor to stay until the end so this is still my primary residence and I won't be responsible for taxes.
Does anyone have any experience with this? Are they likely to auction soon, or will they delay? I'm in Nevada if that matters. Thanks everyone!