I am also very thankful that I have found this site. I truly hope this is the blessing we've been waiting for. I will try to tell my story in as few words as possible (though I could probably write a book about it!). We have been in our house over 5 years with an FHA, Ginnie Mae backed loan. We had two incomes at the time we purchased our home and no children. I got pregnant with triplets a little over 3 years ago, and since it was a high risk pregnancy that required constant bedrest, I lost my job. I was the one with the great job and credit, so after losing my job and us having to rely solely on my husbands commission based job, I ultimately lost my credit. Therefore, refinancing is not an option for us. My husband got a really good and steady job about 2 years ago, but it was entry level, so it has taken some time to get his pay high enough to afford our monthly expenses. We are now able to do this (although our mortgage to income ratio is very high at 49% we are able to afford it if given a fresh start), but unfortunately our mortgage has suffered over the time that it took us to get here. We are currently 89 days behind with another payment due June 1. We started working with Citi on a loan mod at the end of April, and were given the run around by too many people to count. Basically, we were constantly told to call back because our home value had not come in yet. I advised them back in April that we had a FHA loan and that I was aware the MHA loan mods didn't include FHA. I told them that I did not want to be in a position where they deny my application and then demand full payment of all the past due or else foreclose. I was very adamant about this because at the time I had some money that I could have contributed to the mortgage. I was told not to worry about it, that I was very far from foreclosure, and that I should not pay them anything at that time. I have spoken to numerous people at Citi and have told each of them the same thing. Last week a rep said that our house value was finally in, but that it was not posted in the computer yet, so I had to call back this week for an update yet again! We called today and were told that since we had an FHA loan we were denied, and that tomorrow we will be 90 days behind and that foreclosure proceedings would begin! This is EXACTLY what I did not want to happen, and I made this aware to every single rep I spoke with. One rep even assured me that there are other options Citi offers that basically mirror the MHA plan that they can apply to FHA loans. I have been lied to by everyone I have spoken to there. I was even lied to about what dept they were in. The first 5 or so people told me they were in loss mit, but then I got someone that confirmed that everyone I had spoken to was just in collections, and that I was unable to speak to loss mit because I didn't have a case set up. So, at this point I have just placed a call to the LoanSafe number on here, and filled out the hardship pkg again, ugh! I now sit and wait some more, I guess? The only thing that I have been offered is a repayment option, but that makes no sense! How can I pay them MORE money per month at this time?!?! Someone also almost set us up on a "Stipulated Forbearance Program" which would temporarily cut our payments to 80%, but he decided against it because it would delay our loan mod application. It is also important to note that we originally called them to get a basic 2 month forbearance but were told that FHA doesn't allow them. I then called FHA and they said that we were not far enough behind (at that time) to get one because we had not hit 90 days delinquent. I was also told by Citi that in order to get the one-time forbearance that I would have to go directly through FHA, and they would have to agree to it and send the info to Citi. That may be the route we end up taking if this LoanSafe number doesn't work. Ok, so I was wrong, there really isn't anyway for me to have made this long story short, and I honestly did cut out the fluff info. Anyways, my current question is this: Has anyone worked with Segun at the LoanSafe number and had any success? Especially with a FHA/Ginnie Mae loan type? Also, if anyone has any insight they would like to share about my situation please feel free. I will take all the advice/help I can at this point. We CANNOT go ********. We don't make enough money to even rent a large enough place for our family of 5, and we definitely do not have the credit needed to purchase another home. We literally have no place to go, and no relatives that can accommodate us if we are forced to leave our home.
Thank you very much for your time and for reading this long-winded post!