CA, $250K, 45K HELOC both BOA recourse.
The house sold back to bank 10 days ago and I was expecting a visit from a RE agent. Today I got a Freddie Mac form letter with a RE agent's card attached. It was addressed to "Occupants".
The letter says Freddie Mac now owns the house and discusses Relocation Assistance (C4K) and Rental possibility in which I am not interested.
At the bottom in red it says "If Freddie Mac attorney has not contacted you within 30 days of receipt of this letter, pls contact us at 1-800-972-7555 and we will assist you. For more info pls contact the RE agent on the attached business card." I'm assuming he would be anxious to get us out so he can sell it. What other info could he have?
Do I have to call him or else? Do I ignore his phone calls? Can I expect him to knock on the door?
My main goal is to stay here a month or so until the weather cools a bit for our move to another state. I also have 2 young people who have been renting from me and who are having trouble finding other accommodation (rents are high around here) and would like to stay here for a bit just paying utilities after we leave if they can, so any delay is good for them. The house is not in good shape and I would plan on leaving quite a bit of junk (both mine and renters) and furniture behind (getting too old to mess with it) so I'm not worried about getting C4K.
So what's my plan? Do I call the RE agent and do I tell him I don't expect C4K or do I accept a C4K agreement and then leave without collecting? Another post I read on the forum said that the agent doesn't even get involved with Freddie Mac C4K program. I read one review of this agency and it said "stay away from these crooks" so that makes me a bit leery. I'm concerned that he may play hardball with 3 day notices and threats of eviction. Does he have any power to file eviction paperwork or does Freddie Mac retain that option?
Or do I wait for Freddie Mac to call and hope it takes a while and I can just volunteer to leave in 30 days? Or?