Turned down for a HAMP/HMA Oct 2010, after nearly a year of trial payments.
We paid all arrears in a lump sum, and have pretty much been keeping up since. Until now.
We were late with Decembers, but got caught up in Jan. About that time we started hearing from HOUSING EDUCATION PROGRAM. Rather incessantly too. We finally contacted them and decided to take another run at a mod. All docs were compiled and submitted to BOA last month. After contacting the OOP, we are assigned to Erik Garza. There hasn't been any real movement on the file as far as I know.
Yesterday I received a letter saying we've been passed off to Nationstar as of 7/16. I'm guessing any chance of a mod is now off the table unless FedEx miraculously appears on my doorstep in the next few days.
Here's the dilemma. As it stands now we are 3 months late and BOA has sent a Notice of Intent to Accelerate which has expired. My concern is Nationstar will simply move on foreclosing since we are already late.
QUESTIONS. Do I pay BOA so I am caught up when Nationstar takes over. Or just wait and pay Nationstar? Also. Would Nationstar have to send out their own Notice of Intent to Accelerate before moving forward with foreclosure?